PDA

View Full Version : Burping

x0Trainman
04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
My Imagine wont fire properly. Sometimes it will go through 100-200 paintballs before it starts burping and other times i wont even get a shot off before it starts burping. I noticed that I am missing the cup seal, and i do not have a propper striker buffer as the store i go to doesnt sell spyder striker buffers. Im not sure if those are the problem. If you could post any other suggestions that would be great.

shunut
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
First of all, welcome to our forum.

Your gun would not function if you had no cup seal so you can't be missing your cup seal. If you didn't have a cup seal, when you put your tank on it, air would just run right through the gun uncontrollably. So I'm not sure what you are talking about. Maybe look at the diagram of your gun and get the exact name and part number of the part that you think is missing. Here is a link to Kingman's Diagram Page (http://www.kingman.com/section/support/diagrams/diagrams.html).

I don't think its the buffer, it really doesn't do much.

It could be that you have an empty tank.

It could be that your gun is in need of cleaning and lubing.

Do you have any upgrades on the gun? Are you using co2 or compressed air?

x0Trainman
04-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I have the kingman ACS bolt, but this problem happened before that. I am using c02 but there is still pressure in it, as it can fire my brothers gun. It might need to be cleaned...but ive only ever used it in a game once and that was for less than 20 minutes because of this problem. I will try cleaning a lubbing everything thoug hand see if that helps.

x0Trainman
04-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Well i cleaned it and it shoot more consistently, but still does the burping. It could be because of the co2. I wish I had some hpa to try it on.I can really think of what would be wrong as it shoots welll and then for no reason burps.

NitroBall
04-07-2006, 06:30 PM
firstly check your gas bottle is screwed in all the way. and that it does'nt come loose when firing the marker.

next check if you can hear any gas leaks from the barrel, hoses, etc...

check O'rings and the sears for wear..

x0Trainman
04-07-2006, 07:23 PM
No air leaks. I checked all the orings and they seem fine. How would i tell if the sear isn't working properly?

shunut
04-08-2006, 05:50 AM
Just check it to see if there is any damage to it, like the end of its rounded off. Make sure that it move with out getting stuck or anything like that. Also check you striker and see if there is any damage to it where the sear catches it.

You also said before that you were missing a cup seal, but you aren't. Is there another part that you were talking about and maybe just messed up on the terminology? If there is another part that you are missing please let us know because that might help us answer your problem.

druid
04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
striker O-ring...don't use a tank O-ring, get a "rebuild kit" from Kingman or ActionVillage

NitroBall
04-08-2006, 06:28 PM
can you even shoot 1 paintball ?

if so , have you got access to a chrono ?
see what Fps your shooting ?

then post back.

you need to give a bit more detail ?,
as you dont seem to know much about the marker, or the parts , mabe someone at your local field can take a look at it.

people on the forums cannot really help you unless you are sure you know what you are talking about.

not trying to be sarcastic or rude.

nbishop66
04-12-2006, 05:07 AM
He's something else to check. Part 37B Air Filter on the diagram. Both my son's and my pilot ACS were not getting enough pressure to recock the gun and the guy at the PB shop told me to take a look at the filter. Well he was right it was clogged to the point that the CO2 wouldn't flow fast enough to recock the gun. He recommended just removing the filter, and that did the trick. As long as you clean your gun after every use I don't see a problem with removing the filter. Damn that dirty CO2.

Voodoo27909
04-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow...I dont think I would want to remove the filter permanately if it was that dirty, just think of all that muck going into the regulator or up into the internals. Not flameing, it just doesnt sound like a good idea to me is all. I think I would replace it. Anyway...It was a good point nbishop66

druid
04-12-2006, 10:54 AM
voodoo.....many of us have done it. The filter really only helps to reduce the CO2 into gas better. While it might catch larger particles of dirt, generally, small impurities get through anyway.

Voodoo27909
04-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Ahhh...I see, kinda like an aireator screen in the end of a faucet in the kitchen sink. Gotcha...thanks Druid

druid
04-13-2006, 03:08 AM
yes. And I suspect that his ACS bolt may have something to do with it since it's not a high-flowing bolt...

Hob Hayward
04-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Well, the ACS is decently well flowing. http://www.ottersccustoms.com/project.html I woulda copied the diagram but... my school comps are messed... In any case it suposed to be slightly better than the modded stock bolt !

ooglieboogliebob
04-13-2006, 10:14 AM
well ... setups on one gun is different on other guns ... and the no o-ring's on the bolt doesn't really help that much either ...

nbishop66
04-13-2006, 12:58 PM
My filter was clogged after about 4000 rounds. I couldn't believe it. So I removed it. Kind of a mute point now, cuz I'm using compressed air.