PDA

View Full Version : Hammer and Maverik

adriann222
04-07-2006, 08:42 AM
I found a guy on the nation (yeah I know, I don't trust them either), that is selling a maverik and a green hammer plus. So here are my questions.

1. What kind of price should I look at spending on these? (note hammer needs new grips)

2. Can I put any aftermarket barrels on these markers? (I was thinking a J & J or palmers Brass)

3. How hard is it gonna be to find a new handle for the hammer?

4. Any other opinions are welcom.

Aedonite
04-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I think the price of 80 bucks that #10 is asking for is reasonable for both markers. I'd look into getting a Phantom .45 grip for the Hammer. Any Spyder threaded barrel will work with the Hammer but finding a barrel for the Mav will be kinda tough. J&J may still make a Mav barrel.

QAZ123
04-09-2006, 06:54 PM
$40 a piece is fair although I wouldn't pay that much unless there in great condition.

I don't think the hammer take's spyder thread's as it isn't a spyder but a kingman marker.

JB.

tigerdave714
04-11-2006, 10:01 AM
All of the old Hammers I've handled (about 8 now) have taken Spyder-threaded barrels. They're never what I would call a "perfect fit" but they seem to work. On my old Hammer-P, I used a stock Spyder Shutter barrel.

The Hammer Plus might be different (though I dont see why) but I know aftermarket spyder threaded barrels will work on the Hammer A's and Hammer P's.