PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I have decided. Opinions?

Slammed0
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Ok guys. With the help from alot of you (thanks) I have decided what I am going to order next week. I am going to get the Smart Part 14 inch Teardrop barrel. Then I am also going to get the Halo B electronic hopper. Think those are good choices?

Also, do I need a Teardrop barrel that fits the exact model of my Pilot ACS? Or do they come universal. Thanks again guys!! :)

*Edit - All though I saw on the net the Smart Parts All American barrel and it is supposed to be pretty sweet. Although more expensive.

ppuma
04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Good choices, as for as the barrel, you'll need to make sure it has Spyder threads to fit on your Pilot.

vikingshadow
04-07-2006, 04:42 AM
Since you brought it up, personally, I like the All American better. It is more expensive, but I think it's better looking and a better barrel. If you had the money, that'd be the one of the two I'd get. But, that's just me.

You'll be good with what you mentioned, also. Like PP said, get spyder threads for your barrel.

Slammed0
04-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Cool thanks guys. Now my last question is, what length should I go with. I was thinking just 14".

Spinal
04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
14'' is best overall size.

Hob Hayward
04-08-2006, 12:43 PM
14" is good, but may I suggest the new progressive (06) instead of the teardrop, it is superior, and the same price, unless your gonna get the all-american...

vikingshadow
04-08-2006, 01:48 PM
12-14 = same. Two inches here or there aren't gonna make a bit of difference. Some even like 16" because you can wrap around a bunker or push through undergrowth easier with them.

I personally like 12" barrels on a speedball field. I like the looks better on a paintball gun and I don't push around bunkers much. 14 in the woods is decent enough for me.

Slammed0
04-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Wow, so I ran into another barrel that has got me thinking. Its expensive, but the reviews are awesome on this thing. Its the BT Apex Barrel System. Anybody ever played/own this barrel?

Man, with so many options out there it is hard to choose which way to customize your gun. Atleast I know which electronic hopper I do want.

*EM1-Master*
04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
*resounding "NO!" is heard throughout the room*
Apex is a no-no... Don't bother... You'll be VERY happy with the AA...

Slammed0
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
*resounding "NO!" is heard throughout the room*
Apex is a no-no... Don't bother... You'll be VERY happy with the AA...

Really? I read some killer reviews about it. Oh well, to be honest it may be too much for me at this point. I do like the looks of the AA.

ooglieboogliebob
04-10-2006, 08:23 PM
too much work ... to use .. just get closer or move at an angle and shoot at the damn target !!!!

GET BETTER :p ... rely on your abilities ...skillz ... w/e you wanta call it