PDA

View Full Version : ULE Milling

Team Ramrod
04-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok, I know some of you know your way around a mag and I wanted to ask around here befofe I had to post on AO. My dad is a contractor so he knows all sorts of people, and probably a few that can do some milling on my new rail. I was wondering if anyone had any plans or diagrams with dimensions and the like to mill a rail to lose the extra weight. If it matters, it is a classic rail and sear.

(ps, how do you take out the classic sear? I know the Pro sears have the removeable pin with the allan key, but this doesnt have it. I dont like forcing things without knowing for sure.)

Thanks

Ares
04-05-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.lukescustoms.com/ule-1.jpg
theres a picture of how luke mills his rails. i took off the 'wings' on my classic rail and cut the back off so it is flush with the frame. as long as the front and rear screw holes, sear pin and guide area are not affected, it can be removed

taking the classic sear out is easy, just lift it up and the pin will fall out the top of the rail. the sear can be dropped through the bottom or the top through the wide area in the sear slot