PDA

View Full Version : Confusion!!!

mattie5960
04-05-2006, 04:04 PM
ok, I realize that I have already posted a thread on this topic (like 2 weeks ago) but I am still confused...

If I adjust the regulator until it says that my psi is 800, does that mean that I am using more co2 per shot than if I had the regulator set on 450?

Does the regulator even effect the velocity of your paint???? I've never had a marker like this before so PLEASE, describe this to me like you were talking to a retarded 2 year old:). thanx

alk1979
04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Maybe some one else can help more but I will throw in my 2 cents....

At 800 psi "pounds per square inch" you can shoot 300 fps " feet per second " with the correct spring combo,Valve,bolt,vertical adapter ect.

I think most spyders ship, shooting about 300fps at 800psi.

If you turn your regulator down with out making adjustment to the rest of the components such as the springs and valve you won't be shooting as fast.

If you want to turn your psi down you will need to make adjustment to at least the springs "with a spring kit" to keep your velocity up. When you turn the psi down you will need the valve to hold open longer so a bigger volume of air can hit the ball and recock the marker. For a simple adjustment like this it would take at least a lighter valve spring or a heavier striker spring or both.

You can go further by drilling and grinding bigger airways but thats beyond the question asked.

I'm sure that someone can solve this question with math but I can't. I can tell you what I have learned from messing with my marker. I easily turned my marker back to 500 just with new springs. I also went further and bored out everything I could to get more air flow. Now shooting 440 psi @ 285fps I am getting 100 ball + or - 20 balls per tank then I was at stock.Not a great gain but the ball chops and kickback are far less now then before.

I have read that you can go too far and wind up wasting air,so far this hasn't happened to me. I guess it would be possible to turn your gun down so low and hold the valve open so long that it consumes way to much air to get the ball up to speed.

Now as for velocity,make sure you have a chronograph handy or you won't know what speed you are shooting.You can easily get a spyder to shoot 350fps with aftermarket springs. You could have a law suit on your hands if you shatter someones goggles because you were shooting hot.

Hope this helps... Maybe someone else can explain better or even correct an error I have made.

mattie5960
04-05-2006, 05:24 PM
still a little lost...does the amount of CO2 in your tank effect the readout of the psi gauge??? when i tried to turn my psi up witha half empty tank every time i shot the psi dropped about 50 psi, even though i still had a little bit of co2 left, but not too much...

alk1979
04-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Well with a regulator it should be holding somewhat stable. If your tank is near empty and it no longer has 800 psi in the tank it will drop pretty quick. When it reaches that point you have less then 100 shots left"depends on tank size" before it won't even recock.Hate to ask but its easy to do.Are you turning the adjustment screw the right way to make it go up. If you crank the regulator down it does lose around 50psi per shot until it equalizes with what the regulator is set at.

ooglieboogliebob
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
well .. if you do turn the regulator screw down .. you will save air ... but there were some debates that if you do turn it too LP there will be airloss ... best way is to try it yourself ...

druid
04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
800 psi=more gas than 450 psi.
800 psi=faster paintball than at 450 psi (generally speaking)

ok...the reg/va gauge tells you how much air is going into the valve.

PSI=Velocity. The higher the PSI going into the valve, the faster the paintball is going out the barrel. To reduce the fps, reduce the psi. Got it? Dude, it's really not that difficult to understand.

mattie5960
04-06-2006, 02:38 AM
ok, so pretty much im gonna have to adjust my regulator after every couple games or so to keep up with my co2 usage? i should try to keep the psi in the green area rite? im not sure which way i turn it to make the psi gauge go up, all i know is that if i turn it one way it goes up and the other way it goes down...

bamf-hacker
04-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Yes you want the gauge in the green area, that is the optimal pressure for a stock Rodeo.

Remember though that you need to fire the gun in between adjustments to reset the gauge. So if you raise the pressure it wont reflect it until the gun forces the air out of the regulator and it re-fills.

I am pretty sure right to decrease pressure and left to increase, not 100% positive (someone else verify please)

As for adjusting the reg after the games, you should not need to. If you C02 tank is low then lowering the regulator pressure will not help. EX. If you have 500psi left in the tank and the Reg is set to 800psi only 500psi is getting through. Instead keep an extra tank filled with you and swap it out when the regulator gauge shows the pressure drop down past 500ish. Or go and refill your tank.

Keep the questions coming...

HacKeR

mattie5960
04-06-2006, 09:09 AM
ok, so I can set the psi to 800 and it will shoot at that rate until the CO2 tank doesnt have 800 psi in it anymore. so what happens when the tank doesnt have 800 psi anymore? will the gauge then show me the amount of psi the tank has??

druid
04-06-2006, 10:56 AM
no...it will just burp and no longer recock

mattie5960
04-06-2006, 01:35 PM
is the psi gauge supposed to go down as you shoot?

druid
04-06-2006, 01:47 PM
it will go down as it recharges and then go back up to it's operating pressure of 800 psi.....or whatever it's set at...when it's recharged.

If you have a gauge on your tank...this gauge will tell you how much air you have left.

mattie5960
04-06-2006, 02:36 PM
so pretty much, you set the regulator when you have a full CO2 tank at about 800psi and it will stay shooting at around 800psi until there isnt 800psi in the tank anymore. Once that happens you dont have too much longer till it doesn't recock all the way and you need to switch tanks/refill the one you've got.

Am I rite???? Correct me if im wrong

druid
04-06-2006, 03:21 PM
yes