PDA

View Full Version : spyder or ion

xtraking
04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Bear with me... im selling my outkast and am planning on buying some e-spyder after. But now that ions have gone down, im considering the ion. I barely play anymore and jsut need a simple marker that will get the job done. I only havea 47/3k nitro tank, so id be limited on shots with the ion, and i could buy a spyder pretty cheap and be able to get a few upgrades like feedneck and maybe reg, already have barrel. So what is your opinion and why

vwjimmy
04-03-2006, 05:29 PM
you can get alot of shots out of that tank with an e spyder @ less than 400psi and it wont cost too much to do.....besides, its a spyder!!!!! :D

marvin-martian
04-03-2006, 06:16 PM
you can get alot of shots out of that tank with an e spyder @ less than 400psi and it wont cost too much to do.....besides, its a spyder!!!!! :D
exactly...its a spyder

xtraking
04-03-2006, 07:22 PM
just because its lp doesnt mean its efficient. Im not stupid, i know a thing or two when it comes to both markers, but im just wondering which i shold get.

Dave

durrell
04-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Ion for sure. Even if you left it stock, by the time you get an E-Spyder and drop the money into it to make it comparable, the Ion would be your better bet.

thechubbss12
04-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Ions blow like the wind.... There about as durable as a paper towel. I gaurentee if you play paintball for a year with the ion you will regret ever buying it =). Besides in resale people want Ions less then they want spyders.

TheRedBarron
04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Ions blow like the wind.... There about as durable as a paper towel. I gaurentee if you play paintball for a year with the ion you will regret ever buying it =). Besides in resale people want Ions less then they want spyders.

Do you have any basis for that argument? An ion is very durable, they dont scratch up like anno does, you beat the crap out of it lube it every now and again and you are set. They are great markers for someone like xtra who just wants a kickbutt little marker for the few times he does want to play.

As for people wanting ions less then spyders I suggest you take a look around PBN's sales forums and see how high the spyders are selling for.

bamf-hacker
04-04-2006, 12:18 PM
plus the Ion is now 199.00 at AV.

Spyder + ups = $$$

HacKeR

xtraking
04-04-2006, 04:19 PM
The thing with an ion is that i only have a 47/3k tank. Im not worried about its durability, i know its durable and know alot about them, but i just do not have enough air power for it and i will not have money to buy another tank. So yeah

Dave

thechubbss12
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Well the basis of my argument is i guess kinda of a wierd circumstance argument.... I dont know how many of you actuly do Superman dives but i do. In doing so sometimes you make a bad move and thus your hopper falls off..... If you have every gotten dust into your ion bolt chamber it sucks bad. Thats what im saying about badly durable.

I dunno if you get both you will be happy but me personaly i dont like ions.....

claustrophobia9
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
get a better feed neck... its not the marker's fault that it was designed for the lowest price for a spool valve, it's yours for not investing in a feedneck. i vote ion, resale sucks, but u wont be able to get rid of a spyder either so i say go for it, besides if you cant get cash for it online when you want to move up, get someone hooked on the sport and sell it to them.

TheRedBarron
04-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Well the basis of my argument is i guess kinda of a wierd circumstance argument.... I dont know how many of you actuly do Superman dives but i do. In doing so sometimes you make a bad move and thus your hopper falls off..... If you have every gotten dust into your ion bolt chamber it sucks bad. Thats what im saying about badly durable.

I dunno if you get both you will be happy but me personaly i dont like ions.....

Thank you for stating that it is only a matter of opinion. And yes I do superman dives, I play some pretty hardcore tourny ball, an Ion is not my main marker, but I still do not have problems with my hopper falling off I paid the extra 20 bucks and got a clamping feedneck. ;)

NB_Hacker_NB
04-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Spyder FTW, they aren't even comparable. :cool:

ShadowX
04-05-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm with Barron on this one, the ION is going to be a good choice.

And I really hate it when people talk about a certain marker and they haven't even OWNED ONE,.. (**cough cough, the chubbs, cough cough***)

ION's are plenty durable. My ION has not given me a lick of trouble, it has been great since Day 1, And if you are on a budget the only thing I would buy for it is a feed neck.

And don't worry about your air, just make sure you have access to All-day-air at your feild.

I use a 48/3000 on my ION and i get about 500 shots and that is only on a 2500psi fill. If I push it and get around 3000-3100 PSI in my tank i get 600 shots.

You will be fine choosing the ION...

ooglieboogliebob
04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
^^^ ... ur wrong .. chubbs has owned the marker before ... read it first !!!

These are just really opinions so it may not even apply for you ... since you have your own as we all do.

druid
04-05-2006, 03:28 PM
well, it really doesn't matter what marker you buy...diving and getting dust in it is bad for all of them. Personally, I think screwing up a Spyder, Ion or other low-mid range marker is far better than screwing up a G7 or other high-ender. Personally, a 3 for 1 deal rules all (hint hint).....lol

TacTownKilla
04-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Spyder FTW, they aren't even comparable. :dodgy:

fixed

newkid
04-05-2006, 06:49 PM
My spyder has done me well

ooglieboogliebob
04-05-2006, 07:21 PM
... on this forum .. the info on the forums might be a little biased ... since this is the spyder forums ....

Pick whichever's in your price range and up the gun .. like druid said

Cheat71
04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Ion + CCM Feed ($30), Strange Trigger ($20), Qev ($20) + Barrel of your choice and you have the best marker in the $300 range
Plus tuning an LP spyder right is a constant struggle