PDA

View Full Version : Bolt and Striker problems

bradjcurtis
04-03-2006, 09:14 AM
I just recently took my Spyder Xtra apart for a good cleaning. When I try to put the bolt and striker back into the marker it won't go back in. I've put alot of pressure on it while pulling the trigger but it just won't go back in. What am I doing wrong?

NB_Hacker_NB
04-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Force the sear down then push the striker over it.

druid
04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
put the bolt and striker in the body and push it forward...hold it while you attach the grip frame.

ooglieboogliebob
04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
... or you can have everything together .. and put it in .. just push the bolt while pressing the trigger ... and that should be all

bradjcurtis
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Force the sear down then push the striker over it.
How can you force the sear down and push the striker and bolt in at the same time? I shouldn't have to losen the trigger frame just to get that back in.

ooglieboogliebob
04-03-2006, 08:18 PM
... ^^^ use my idea .... push hard and press the trigger .. should just pop right in .. but most people take the trigger frame off anyways...

bradjcurtis
04-04-2006, 08:09 PM
I got it back in. I had to losen the trigger frame it was too tight which wasn't allowing the sear to drop down. Thank you for everyone that helped.

Herminator
04-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Just for future reference... my friend's xtra had a similiar problem, but it couldn't be fixed by simply loosening the frame. I found out if this does happen, you just need to insert an allen wrench right behind the trigger and manually press the sear, the bolt and sear slides right in.

ooglieboogliebob
04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
^^ .... if you loosen the trigger frame .. why not just take the extra second and just remove it ?? ... i wouldn't want to use something that'd scratch the sear anyways ...

vwjimmy
04-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Just for future reference... my friend's xtra had a similiar problem, but it couldn't be fixed by simply loosening the frame. I found out if this does happen, you just need to insert an allen wrench right behind the trigger and manually press the sear, the bolt and sear slides right in.
bravo....we have a winner!!!!:D