PDA

View Full Version : ooohh....ooohh.....is dis be teh peacors?

DRAGON
04-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Could it be? Is it possible? No telling what new products could be on the horizon. Is this why the sudden price drop in Smart Parts Products? - :shrug:

JOINT PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2006

Dye Precision: www.dyeprecision.com
Smart Parts: www.smartparts.com
WDP: www.wdp.tv

Smart Parts, Dye, and WDP Resolve Litigation, License Agreements Part of Settlement

April 1, 2006

Smart Parts, Inc., WDP, Ltd., and Dye Precision, Inc. are pleased to announce the settlement of litigation pending between the companies and the entry into patent license agreements giving WDP and Dye a worldwide, non-exclusive license to make, sell, offer for sale, and distribute products covered by Smart Parts’ electronic paintball gun patents; giving Smart Parts and Dye a worldwide, non-exclusive license to make, sell, offer for sale, and distribute products covered by a WDP’s affiliate’s LCD and Data Link and other related electronic paintball marker patents; and giving Smart Parts a license under Dye’s patent related to spool valve paintball gun designs.

Smart Parts owns several U.S. and international patents and pending patent applications related to the use of electronics in the control and operation of paintball guns. These include, for instance, U.S. Patent Nos. 5,881,707; 5,967,133; 6,035,843; 6,474,326; and 6,637,421, as well as numerous other patents and pending patent applications in the U.S. and other countries. The WDP affiliate owns numerous U.S. and international patents related to the electronic control and monitoring of paintball guns, including U.S. Patent Nos. 6,311,682; 6,615,814; 6,748,938; 6,860,259; 6,941,693, as well as additional issued and pending international and U.S. patents and applications. Dye Precision owns U.S. Patent No. 5,613,483 related to spool valve paintball gun designs with additional U.S. and international applications pending.

To be teh continued?............... :questionicon:

druid
04-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Could it be? Is it possible? No telling what new products could be on the horizon. Is this why the sudden price drop in Smart Parts Products? - :shrug:

JOINT PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[B][I]April 1, 2006
Dye Precision: www.dyeprecision.com
Smart Parts: www.smartparts.com
WDP: www.wdp.tv

Smart Parts, Dye, and WDP Resolve Litigation, License Agreements Part of Settlement

April 1, 2006

Since I don't see anything on any one of the sites...I'm calling SHENS...note the date

vikingshadow
04-03-2006, 03:54 AM
Spool valve Angels? (Been thought about for awhile now, at least on the Angel forums...)

Data links and LCD screens on Shockers? Intellifeed Ions?

Well, these are points brought up on other forums, but what if, what if, these three companies are merging (sort of) to take over the gun markets in paintball? They decided it was cheaper and would make more money to stop bickering and join forces (the enemy of my enemy is my friend???)

I don't know. Due to the date, I would say shens, especially since April 1st was a SATURDAY and lawyers and corporations don't do business on weekends....But, lower SP prices could show it's true. We'll have to wait and see!

TacTownKilla
04-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, these are points brought up on other forums, but what if, what if, these three companies are merging (sort of) to take over the gun markets in paintball? They decided it was cheaper and would make more money to stop bickering and join forces (the enemy of my enemy is my friend???)

wont happen, its like dynasty and xsv joining up to make one team. Good idea but wont happen.

NB_Hacker_NB
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Those words were too big. In retard terms, what does this mean could happen?

xNinja-Dolphinx
04-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Those words were too big. In retard terms, what does this mean could happen?
IMO it could be good or bad if it was true there are three possible scenarios for us.

1. They merge and prices fall and customers win!!!
2.Prices stay the same for everything.
3. Super company monopilizes PB industry and raise prices becasue they have noone to comete against

03TiburonGT
04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
wow april fools jokes suck

NB_Hacker_NB
04-03-2006, 02:09 PM
wow april fools jokes suck
So it's a joke? Confused :dodgy:

Santy
04-03-2006, 02:16 PM
i doubt its a joke, it was posted on pbn by one of the smart parts guys. Sean@smartpartswest is his pbn name.

link to original thread : http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1477225

DRAGON
04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
http://users.bestweb.net/~bgeiger/images/monopoly_guy.jpg

SP+WDP+DP=^^^^^?

durrell
04-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I've talked to that Sean guy, and he's real. He's the guy who busted me on eBay back when Ions first came out for selling under MAP..so unless SP is April fooling everyone, he's a credible source.

durrell
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Then again, I could be wrong..

Sean@smartpartswest 04-03-2006 Link Corporate spam. Permanent Ban

How is that corporate spam? I think some of the PBN mods are a little too power hungry..

claustrophobia9
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
sean is for realz.... corp spam is teh suck... and in reatrds terms it simly means that smartparts, dye and wdp, have agreed not to sue eachother for using designs that another company in the trio uses. they arent becoming the same company, just forming a general aliance that states that they wont attack eachother. its sort of like the UN.

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
sorry for the nearly month late response on this, but i thought it to be extremely relevant (a rarity for me):

if wdp and dye now have rights to use sp's patents, wouldnt that mean one of them could buy AGD and allow them to continue making markers? Since legally AGD would be under one of the two companies that signed it AGD would no longer have to obey the lawsuit from SP over marker patents.

thechubbss12
05-09-2006, 02:35 PM
ahh this could mean some major advansement in paintball technology... maybe a spool valved angel? ..... i dont even know if that is possible.. but hey i think people get the picture of what im trying to say....

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 02:41 PM
ahh this could mean some major advansement in paintball technology... maybe a spool valved angel? ..... i dont even know if that is possible.. but hey i think people get the picture of what im trying to say....
they said it wouldnt happen. their comment being: "what do you guys want to have to grease your guns every 500 shots" or somthing like that. of course if they made one of delrin it really wouldnt be a huge issue, ive designed an angellook alike that is spool valved, is smaller, lighter and faster. but will it ever happen? no. because although it is shorter than an angel in the design it is probably fater, and since it has so much stuffed into it (HPC, LPC, LPR, ram(yes a ram spool valve, basically taking angel desgin and moving the valve to be attached to the bolt), an electro magnet, the solenoid) youd have to make it out of titanium and cf just to get it lighter, and i couldnt make a huge run so it would sell for nearly 5000 bucks and only shoot 600bucks better. it could be done easily, but i dont think angel wants to do that, i think they all just dont want bad publicity for getting into a sue war. i hope dye or wdp buys aka though cuz aka's regs are the bomb, and wdp and dye are... decent.

FredPo
05-09-2006, 03:46 PM
WDP would be stupid to go to spool valve. Now you'd have to send your Angel to an angel tech to lube it every day. I don't like this idea but really I dont' care. I'm a bob long guru and I don't plan on ever changing markers unless the name is eclipse.

fred

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
if you make a spool valve right, the only difference should be that the valve doesnt flow in from the bottom of the bolt, but instead from the back allowing a more uniform flow. if made from the same materials as their other guns on the corresponding parts, the only difference should be location of air hoses and airflow. so your remark that spool valves break more often or w/e isnt the fact that spool valve is a bad system, but that people are making the same mistakes they made with stacked tubes long ago. if you dont get it, pretend the bolt is attached to the pin for the valve, when it moves air flows, thats how a spool should work, but people are overcomplicating it and making things out of conflicting materials like 2 metals.

FredPo
05-09-2006, 05:04 PM
I was stating that spool valves break more but rather that they require a lot of maintenance..And Angels are very difficult to work on yourself so usually fixing an angel requires sending it in. I just combined these two concepts to throw my .02 cents in and of course there was some sarcasm.
Anyways, this could be detrimental to other paintball organizations. It'll be like when the U.S. decided to allow free trade in 1973. Say hello to Mr. Monopoly.

Fred

claustrophobia9
05-09-2006, 05:55 PM
nps still has a huge hand in the industry so i wouldnt worry. angels usually need to be sent in because wdp doesnt sacrifice some amout of quality just to make it a little easier to take it apart when you may only do it a few times in comparison to cleaning the bolt which is very easy to remove. of course since a spoolvalve is relitivly contained in one chamber they could easily do an ion like screw off and make it easy to access.

and off topic a little, i always hated monopoly the game. i was never a business kid, but i was awesome at life. so when my friends were like "david u suck at monopoly" i could say back "you suck at life"

timmyshoota
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I was stating that spool valves break more but rather that they require a lot of maintenance..And Angels are very difficult to work on yourself so usually fixing an angel requires sending it in. I just combined these two concepts to throw my .02 cents in and of course there was some sarcasm.
Anyways, this could be detrimental to other paintball organizations. It'll be like when the U.S. decided to allow free trade in 1973. Say hello to Mr. Monopoly.

Fred
Bull. Thats just a myth that people like to throw around who have never dealt with them. I've had multiple and have never needed to send them in. They come with awesome manuals that even a kid with down syndrome could work on them. You also don't need special tools, that's just another money maker. Sure they help, but are nowhere near necessary. Ask chubborz. He was ready to buy a tool kit to take his ram out, but at Cup I explained how to do it without one. Angels are just as simple as any other marker to work on.

chubb0rz
05-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Ask chubborz. He was ready to buy a tool kit to take his ram out, but at Cup I explained how to do it without one. Angels are just as simple as any other marker to work on.
He speaks the truth. Angels are simpler to me than timmys... but thats just me. The only reason to buy a tool kit would be for the guages for you HPR, if you vertical adapter (flashtank) doesnt have one, and LPR. But spool valve maintence is by far the simplest, they are just not for lazy people since they have to be lubed more often.

claustrophobia9
05-10-2006, 12:04 PM
again, when designed properly spool valves should require nearly the same amout of grease.