PDA

View Full Version : ACS/Hopper

Slammed0
04-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I have the Pilot ACS. I bought the Quantum hopper. Now from what I understand that hopper is junk. I did notice that when it got to about half empty the gun was dry firing between painballs and also seemed like it wasn't firing efficiently. Will a new, better hopper fix this? And what do you recommend? Thanks!

NB_Hacker_NB
04-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Yes, it will fix it, you need a Z Boarded Eggy or a Halo B.

killerpinecone
04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
That is incorrect info because a pilot with a camd trigger frame is 14 bps therefore you will not need a hopper that will feed 22+ bps.

MAY A RECOMMEND A

HALO Backman/frontman- 14/15 bps
Egg 2- 19 bps
Ricochet Apache- 20 bps////but mainly your opinion what do you like. Hope i helped later. BTW THE QUANTUM IS 8 BPS

ad0131065
04-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Go with the eggy z boarded or stock, it will still serve the purpose well enough. Your hopper can never be too fast IMO.

NB_Hacker_NB
04-01-2006, 11:44 PM
That is incorrect info because a pilot with a camd trigger frame is 14 bps therefore you will not need a hopper that will feed 22+ bps.

MAY A RECOMMEND A

HALO Backman/frontman- 14/15 bps
Egg 2- 19 bps
Ricochet Apache- 20 bps////but mainly your opinion what do you like. Hope i helped later. BTW THE QUANTUM IS 8 BPS

Your insane in the membrane dude. You really think with a Quantum that he can cap 14 BPS? The eggy can only feed 20 BPS max whether it says 22 or not, depending on the amount of paint in it. Get the zeggy or stock eggy or a Halo B.

killerpinecone
04-02-2006, 07:23 AM
I said that the QUANTUM CAN FEED 8 BPS

ooglieboogliebob
04-02-2006, 11:18 AM
actually .. the newer versions of the pilot ACS can go up to 20bps ... if you guys didn't know that .. but most people can't walk that fast anyways....

ad0131065
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Go with the eggy z boarded or stock, it will still serve the purpose well enough. Your hopper can never be too fast IMO.
nuf said.:D

mv540
04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
I rconmend you a halo, but if you want something cheap, i said go for the revy, just tested my acs yesterday with the revy and it just shoot like 8 drain fires(out of 200), or a use eggy:cool:

druid
04-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Halo's and reloaders B's are force fed...if he can't shoot fast enough to satisfy the hopper, it's going to double-feed/jam up in his breech.

Listen Slammed0.....get a hopper that's slightly faster than the fastest you can shoot....whatever hopper that may be...

egg II with "Y"....<17bps-ish
egg II with "Z"....<22bps-ish
Halo/Reloader B....<35bps-ish claimed...28-30 probable

Slammed0
04-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your opinions. I will look for all the above and decide from there. I can get pretty trigger happy, lol, so I will buy something that can keep up with me.

SparkyGT
04-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Started with a Halo TSA backman on my pilot, worked ok, and i use that now for my backup loader as i bought a Z board eggy, i think the Halo TSA holds a few more balls, If i had to buy one now, i would get the Halo and get some suicide shells, where the top comes off, In the egg, ihad a busted ball and had to dissasemble the whole thing to clean which was a pain

Slammed0
04-03-2006, 09:28 PM
So far I am leaning towards purchasing the Halo B.

BTW, do you guys leave your hoppers powered on when you are not shooting them? For example, my POS Quantum you have to power on. I was not sure if it was a good idea to let it run while I was just walking around and not in combat or shooting. I even think I read somewhere that some hoppers have a sensor to where they will shut themselves down. True or misread?

Dr.No
04-03-2006, 09:43 PM
yes the higher end hoppers are usually breakbeam or sound activated. I have a stock egg on mine and havent had any problems with feeding speed or pushing past the detents. Personally i like the way the egg+big drop balances the gun. But if you can afford it im sure the halo is the better quality one, and if you ever deck the gun out or get a new gun that goes faster you will already have a loader for it. If you get alot of paint in egg it can be a real pain to clean but id guess they all are, thats why its called a mess.

Tk-421
04-04-2006, 11:40 AM
yeah, after looking around for awhile i went with the halo b...and so far so good