ooglieboogliebob
03-31-2006, 05:44 PM
nice classic you got there :)

Moe
03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
ooo. hyper frame. pretty.

Cobalt60
04-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Obviously the old paint doesnt help the looks. Im probably going to try to do a more durable paintjob, since I dont think I want to permanently anodize the old body. If you add up the current eBay prices of all the parts it comes to about $400 or more. As money becomes available more upgrades will come, 225psi is my goal. The trigger job is awesome, super short and light and very little side to side movement. The gun shoots pretty good on CO2, and Id say as good as a Tippmann in the winter, but I think air would be a nice upgrade. The gun is pretty heavy, but the weight absorbs the recoil. Im definitely replacing the drop-forward at some point, and Ive thought about getting an additional stabilizer. So, with a HPA tank this gun would be triple regulated.

Basically, I got this gun stock, and see no reason to replace it. With upgrades, the gun can perform on par with any gun out there, and I can put money into it gradually. Suits me well.

Oh and I stated 290fps at 375psi but I think I meant 280fps, the limit over at Hogans Alley in Meriden CT.

Chris P

druid
04-01-2006, 12:38 AM
get a sick anno job instead of repainting

aodsnyper
04-01-2006, 08:24 AM
looks alright, but an ano job would fix that. as long as it shoots well than it doesn't really matter how it looks :rolleyes: :cry: .

and if i am correct, which i usually am when it comes to Originals and Classics, you have a Classic which is from '00-ish or so... not '92.

Cobalt60
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
As far as annodizing, I dont think thats what I want to do. Its an old body and Id like to keep it in its original condition. Plus the barrel cant be anodized because its steel, and I think Id want the barrel to match the body. Camo is the main goal of the paint job.

Anyway I bought this gun in 2001 and it came with a CO2 tank that expired in '94 or '96, and I do believe it was the tank purchased when the gun was new. I am pretty sure this is the first semi auto model made by Kingman, so whenever Kingman started selling semi-autos should be about when this gun was made. I believe the 2000 models were called Compact 2000, and had slim strikers. This has a fat striker, which BTW I hear is better for low pressure.

TacTownKilla
04-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I give you props for keepin a gun for this long, its hard finding anyone who keeps his gun for more then even 6 months anymore.

Cobalt60
04-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Well, Ive seen no need to replace it. Its LP so it shoots fine in the winter even on CO2, trigger is plenty fast at 13bps in semi. Never chops except in winter (I suspect its my steel barrel shrinking a lot). So I just got back from playing with it. Took it over to the chrono. At 350psi, chrono was 289, 288, 287, 290 using CO2. Thats pretty fine IMO. Accuracy is good, basically there is a spread sometimes, but no curving balls, and the barrel was a little dirty. So, the gun shoots fast, at 350psi, accurately, and consistently. Theres some recoil, less than a non LP Spyder, but I hear a lighter striker eliminates that. Its also fairly quiet and lowering the pressure down to 225 hopefully should result in it being much quieter. Its pretty heavy, but I only put the biggest parts on my gun for some reason, 20oz, Halo Backman that holds 220 balls, Stabilizers pretty big, and of course the steel barrel, not to mention its the thick chunky Spyder body. So I would say its weight is its only downside but then again Im not as strong as I should be. The guns top notch it just looks bad cause I didnt scrape all of the old sh*tty paint from when it was painted.

Chris P