PDA

View Full Version : Noob Q's........(Sorry)

ToXiC
03-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey,
This is my frist post on this forum and the frist thing is I'd like to say is Hi.
Now my question is, I have just bought a Imagine (100% Stock) and would like to Dissamble and lube the o-rings in the gun. I can disassemble and reassemble fine but I'm just not sure what Brand/type of lube i should use. I saw some posts on here that WD-40 is a bad choice so I'm not going to use that but I've seen some online paintball stores selling "3 in 1", the general all purpose lube. Now I have a package of 3 in 1 and I was wondering if I i could use that. Like its not going to wreck anything if I do use it, is it??
I'm going to try to find some better stuff but I sorta want to use it this weekend.
I also only have a gravity feed hopper, and am planning to buy a electric hopper, I dont need a very fancy hopper, just a good decent priced one.

Any views, recommendations, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ToXiC

NB_Hacker_NB
03-31-2006, 12:33 PM
I suppose 3 in 1 is ok, but you could get better oil. I use gold cup oil its great for imagine's.
You could use a regulator, such as CP or Bob Long, a barrel such as J&J,Smart Parts or CP. I would also go for HPA.

ToXiC
03-31-2006, 01:03 PM
ummm... HPA??
and would a Halo TSA Backman LCD work fine as a hopper for the imagine???

03TiburonGT
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
The TSA would work, but there are better options out there. Look for a Viewload Revolution (Revy) or Empire Reloader. These hoppers can be found used around $30 and are very reliable and easy to use.

HPA is Highly Pressurized Air, sometimes called Compressed Air, Nitrogen, N2, etc. It is an alternitive propellant to C02. It is cleaner, safer, and can be used in any weather. However, it is very expensive for a new player to purchase. Look into a barrel and agitating hopper for your first upgrades.

ToXiC
03-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Cool cool,
Iím going to stay with CO2 for right now.
Should the stock bolt be replaced for the ACS bolt, like is the stocker going to make me repeatedly clean out my barrel because it will chop like no other. If it is going to going to be a problem, how much does the ACS bolts cost around??
Also I hear everyone talking about adding a Dye sticky grip. Is that because the grip on the gun is so flimsy?? Are there cheaper ones then the Dyeís, Dyes sticky grips are like $40 here.

Ares
03-31-2006, 03:52 PM
chopping should be cut down alot by a revvy. if you think the stock grips are flimsy, sticky grips are even flimsier

ToXiC
03-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Well thats cool that I don't have to replace the bolt.
The sticky grips are flimsier than the stock grip?? really?? wow, then what should I do because right now theres like huge gaps between the frame and the grips where the battery sits. Like I don't really want to get my board fried the frist time I take it outdoors. Any suggestions??

ooglieboogliebob
03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
oh .. you probably have wires in the way of it or something ... stickies are just ... bendable to any degree desired .... but hmm... rather than a revvy ... maybe a eggy ... the revvy seems to feed too slow

ToXiC
03-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Really? the revv is to slow?? It says that it can feed the 14 bps and the egg is like x2 the price of the revv.
I checked and there was some wires that was pushing up the grip a little bit, but even after that there is still a gap there :(
Also, How long do u charge your battery for?? Because some people say like 12 hours and the manual says 5-6 for the standard charger. My battery was dead when i took it out of the box so i charged it for 6 hours and it seems fine. There isn't like a led indicator on the gun which tells you when you are fully charged??
And there is a small amount of side to side play in the trigger, is that normal on all imagines or is there something I can do to fix it??

NB_Hacker_NB
03-31-2006, 08:18 PM
The battery takes a full 14 hours to fully charge. As for the trigger, thats normal. It's just that the trigger is a little thinner than the space or it, no harm. Depending on your Imagine, there should be a battery indicator on there. If you have an 04 Imagine, which i'm assuming, it's the small indicator two spaces above the white light thats on when you have just turned on your board.

ooglieboogliebob
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
actually the revvy only feeds 10-12 ... and if your search for an egg on pbnation used.. you'll find it around in the 30's or so ...

... battery's usually charge for 14 hours ... and it doesn't matter if there's a gap ....

.. side to side play can be fixed if you don'y like it

bamf-hacker
04-03-2006, 04:16 AM
hello and welcome to the boards!

OK for the battery, if you have a BRAND NEW marker from Kingman then it is 6 hours. They changed the time in the manual and I would go by what they tell you. If you want to play it safe charge it for 8 hours. I have a friend who got an older imagine and the manual says 14 hours. Kingman may have made some circuitry changes on the boards on the newer Imagines. (Kingman Rep can you verify this)

As for oil, my .02 is not to use 3-in-1 oil on your gun. A bottle of Paintball specific oil is very cheap and will last you a long time, Gold Cup is a good choice. Here is a link Gold Cup Oil (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CFRt-ITBN1ptfsDwBu6tUI5nt_sU8bAdk_U=?ProductID=5dasFAY7 YS8AAAD3PEWlA_2t)

The Dye Stickies make the grip a little beefier and more contoured and the gap is normal on your stock grips. If you are really worried about it you can run some electrical tape down the frame to cover the gap, but it is not needed. Your hand covers the gap while you are playing.

I agree with the others on getting a Revy or an Egg. If you plan on shooting real fast then go with an Egg, if you are not then the Revy should be fine for you.

As for upgrades. Go to the Paintball Bible and you can read all about them

OtterSC Customs (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/upgrade.html)

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

HacKeR

ToXiC
04-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Well... I went to my pro-shop (If theres anyone here from southwestern Ontario, I went to Flagswipe.....LOL) and I picked up the following........

- A 14 inch PMI Razzor (They don't sell J&J barrels)

- A VL Revolution 12v Tripod (Im not looking to just spray people with balls, just needed something better then a gravity fed hopper)

- PMI Paintball oil (They didn't have any Gold Cup)

I'm not planing to make like an uber-pro paintball gun, just something to own some noobs. Now even though some people said to charge for like 12 hours, I only charged it for 7 and it seems to be working just fine.

Now, I've been looking on other website forums and some people have been saying that the stock bolt in the imagine will scratch the hell out of the inside of the gun. Is this true?? or did they just like not take care of their guns?

ToXiC

ooglieboogliebob
04-03-2006, 06:45 PM
hmm... well you could have bought them from online or something ... and not just bought it from there .. but then again .. it's really all your choice ... probably woulda got it cheaper ... (except the oil)

And no .. the stock bolt won't scratch your gun ... you just need to polish it every so often .. and lube it after every play ... (probably didn't care about the guns)

emf7301
04-03-2006, 07:00 PM
dye sticky 3's are actually much better than the stock grips. They aren't a must but if you have an extra $25 than you can pick some up off of actionvillage. They provide a nice seal around the trigger frame of my pilot except up by the noid but your hand is usually there any way while playing so it shouldn't be a biggy. Also they weren't an exact fit on my pilot. The bottom two screws went in fine together but the top screw on each side don't exactly line up and so you kinda have to use the screw like a pry to get it up high enough while you screw it in. o yea you might have to use the stock screws instead of the ones that come with it. After getting them on though, i love them. Very comfortable and won't slip out of your hand. Plus they're Dyes :thewave:

ToXiC
04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Well.. First thing is I donít like using my credit card online, I'm sure that most sites are safe and secure but I rather not, just personal preference. Second thing is the prices werenít bad $40 (CDN.) each, except the oil $7 (CDN.).

Iím glad that I donít have to replace the bolt, thought it was just people abusing their guns. (I know I wouldnít wreck my gun, If I wanted to wreck a gun I would of got like a $50 Brass Eagle)

I might get some Dye Sticky Grips next time Iím there, but for now I think I can live with the stock grips.

Now I donít know how much better a J&J barrel would be over the PMI that I bought but I had got some shots off after I bought it and it seemed pretty good to me, like itís a whole lot more accurate then the stock barrel at the longer ranges. As a bonus the PMI barrel is the same colour as the imagine, GREEN!!!! :D

ToXiC

TheRedBarron
04-04-2006, 09:48 AM
You will notice what is called bolt wear, any stacked tube marker experiances it. It is no big deal and is 100% normal.

Glad you are liking your marker, if you have any questions from here on out feel free to ask them as you have notcied this community is really friendly.

Hob Hayward
04-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Ooh, I recently put my stock bolt in upside down by accident... it scratched the hell outa the top of the top tube, and got itself jammed but I'm not sure if it did anything, because my ACS still has a good seal... I'd polish the inside, but I'm not sure how I can...

I'd highly suggest getting the ACS. With it, assuming you get a new one, and it isn't cold out, will prevent any chops. I couldn't get mine to chop (taped a ball to a string and held it halfway in the breach... try as I might, it wouldn't chop it :P) You