PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Guerrilla Reg in...

chubb0rz
03-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Well I got my new guerrilla tank reg in and thought i'd give ya guys a little run down.

Looks like this in packaging:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/chubb0rz/Reviews/guerrillareg001.jpg

Out of the box:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/chubb0rz/Reviews/guerrillareg006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/chubb0rz/Reviews/guerrillareg005.jpg

Installation was really easy. BUT remember its recommended that a qualified airsmith install this for you if you dont know what you are doing.

The reg its self is rather light. The lightest out so far at 4.2 ounces. My Micro Maxflo was 7.3 ounces but it does have an on/off and macro fitting built-in. These regs are supposed to be really high flowing and servicable under full pressure. I bought the LP version because of avaiblity. But if I had the choice I would have bought an HP and bought their LP spring for $10 so I have both LP and HP in the same reg.

On the tank:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/chubb0rz/Reviews/guerrillareg008.jpg

Test Results:
None right now. Going to get my tank filled up tonight or tomorrow at the shop and let you guys know. Also have a tourny this weekend so I will really be able to field test it.

Price: $53 shipped Pretty good price compared to some others.

druid
03-31-2006, 10:29 AM
cool...what did it cost and from where?

chubb0rz
03-31-2006, 10:36 AM
cool...what did it cost and from where?
$53 from compulsivepaintball.com and that was Priority Shipped. I always get my stuff from them in 3days.

timbertiger20
03-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Best regs on the market hands down! Just to let you know the one you purchased is not serviceable under pressure. The Assault is the one you can take apart under pressure.

bigred76
03-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Can't you do that with the ***U too?

Very nice regs tho! I <3 the design, wish I had the spare chunk of change to pick one up!

DRAGON
03-31-2006, 10:45 PM
So it's a non-adjustable tank reg w/1 burst disk. Smart Parts has already released the same thing a little while ago. It still costs you for the tank so I don't get what the benifit is -

chubb0rz
04-01-2006, 03:02 AM
The benefit is that I was able to be an affordable reg for my LP gun without buying a whole new tank or buying a reg that costs the same as a whole tank. And SmartParts does not offer a LP version of their Micro Maxflo or an LP output spring.

bigred76
04-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Wtf....it edited out "POOF" from "POOF" lol. I would think that Smart Parts would put out a spring for LP...I don't know why they wouldn't, personally.

Yer lucky I'm in a decent mood today or I would ban you for evading the swear filter. You have been warned :dodgy:

TacTownKilla
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Wtf....it edited out "POOF" from "POOF" lol. I would think that Smart Parts would put out a spring for LP...I don't know why they wouldn't, personally.

Yer lucky I'm in a decent mood today or I would ban you for evading the swear filter. You have been warned :dodgy:

thanks for watching over the forums. you mods are the best

edit: thanks for changin my posts mods :dodgy:

Dharma punk
04-01-2006, 08:50 PM
The ***U is just a limited edition of the assault reg. So yes, you can service the ***U under pressure.

The benefits are that it is the lightest and highest flowing reg on the market at this time.

claustrophobia9
04-02-2006, 10:29 AM
im pretty sure smartparts DOES have a lp spring. theyre having problems changing what they are selling for their site and their customer sites. id check smartparts.com under maxflow, and punisherpb in n2/air section. guirrillas are supposed to be really good. i was looking at those, maxflows, and legion air systems (macdev) as a suggestion for my friend who uses a really sucky reg on his 2 yr old luxfur tank (i know, its a shame...) i think legions are probibly the best, but i doubt that they are as cheep as guerilla's or that they are sold seperatly from a tank. btw what is that redish ring on your tank? heating issue? redloctite? always there?

timbertiger20
04-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Well the biggest thing about the Guerrilla Regs is their flow rate is very very high compared to most. No problem feeding my FS7 air hog at 28 bps. Also the safety features are great for disassembling your tank for air travel and reassemble. Prevents the need for lock-tite although I still advise a drop of blue. My team is all switching over to them slowly but surely. Guerrilla also has great customer service and if you'd like a specific pressure out of your tank they will get a spring for that pressure. They are great products!

TheRedBarron
04-02-2006, 06:06 PM
No problem feeding my FS7 air hog at 28 bps

uh...?

Chubbz Im looking forward to test results.

chubb0rz
04-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Well played with it today and it preformed well. No shoot down or starving and i can tell my angel liked it :)

The only draw back i see is that the thread cap is aluminum so if not careful with removal/installing of the tank to asa it can wear easy. They sell replacement cheaps to. I just keep the thread saver i had and use it for that purpose.

And that bottle is stained red at the top from my tank cover...because i never wash it...

timbertiger20
04-02-2006, 11:21 PM
uh...?

Chubbz Im looking forward to test results.

The more inefficient your marker the more air flow it requires. I've had ACI and PMI regs starve it for air! The real test was at full speed dry firing, I could watch the AKA 2-liter + starving for air. As soon as I switched to Guerrilla Air regs........I had no drop off what-so-ever at the high rate of fire on this marker.

TheRedBarron
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
...because i never wash it...

True Baller right there.

DragonSlayer
04-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Ok wether "***U" or Regular you can only dissamble under pressure the assault not the ambush model. Right now I think the ***U only comes in assault. I would not spend the extra money on the ***U right now, I know the CEO personally and he told to wait b/c they are not that different then the standard models and there will be more regs in the near future. Anyway you look at all of there products are great and they are just plain good people!!!!!!!

bigred76
04-07-2006, 10:27 AM
I like the idea of their Assault...Hmmm....might pick one of those babies up soon here....DragonSlayer, what regs are they working on now? Or are they ubber secret?

DragonSlayer
04-07-2006, 01:43 PM
ubber secrect i still don't know

bigred76
04-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Dang...that sucks....Let me know when you find out, I'm really interested in them. :)

DragonSlayer
04-09-2006, 08:45 AM
I will keep you guys informed

Hob Hayward
04-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Hmm Whats the ***U before the autofilters?

Sandman_Bravo
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
I picked up a used tank with a new one of these(HP version) on it a few weeks ago. I see no difference in performance between this and my Crossfire. No shootdown or loss of pressure; she keeps up with my shocker in ramping mode no problem. Thumbs up for me.