PDA

View Full Version : Lp setup questions

Alex228
03-31-2006, 02:58 AM
Hey guys I own a Spyder Xtra. Im trying to get an LP setup by pretty much modifying the stock parts. Here is my current setup.

*14in Teardrop barrel
* Palmer Male Stabilizer (second hand)
*Aftermarket drop forward with macro setup
*800psi Ans Xtreme gauge located on reg
*Did the softening and back part trigger jobs, I swapped the trigger with the new Spyder 05 Xtra triggers(the pivot point is closer thus creating less pull)
* Modified stock bolt from a Spyder Xtra
(Removed venturi and sanded and polished bolt and polished inside of gun)
*Modified Striker
(Sanded it and polished it)
* Modified stock valve pin
(I sanded it and polished it)

Im getting a 32* spring kit next week. Any suggestions to finish the setup?
Also how am I supposed to set the psi. As low as I can and then adjust the velocity with the velocity adjuster? I know the lp is not complete so should I not put the reg as low as I can? Im a bit confused on the settings, I know nothing is written on stone but a general suggestion would help.

thechubbss12
03-31-2006, 04:48 AM
OK
Too get a realy true LP job you need to have a drill press and some clamps....

You will need to use a 3/16 drill bit to drill you your V/A. You will need to both widen the stock wholes and drill two opposite wholes in the part of the V/A that you reg goes. Also you will need to largen the whole in the part were you Valve Spring goes with a 7/32 drill bit.

Also you will need to open up your valve. Valve modding is tricky becasue you can get a leak if you only minorly scrath the valve body. But you will need to widen the valve whole (but be sure you only drill through one and not the second one) with a 1/4 drill bit and you will need to have serious ccontrol.

I could do this for you for cheap ($20 shipped becasue you have already polished and already have a spring kit, and gage) or you could just contact me for help, aim thechubbss12

druid
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM
CLICK ME FOR THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR LP DREAMS (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/project.html)

Alex228
03-31-2006, 04:55 PM
I know man i've read that site, theres just some questions that are a bit more specific that i dont see. Thanks for the link though, I know your just trying to help.

Drefish99
03-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Just from my experience with LP is try not to focus on trying to getting the lowest pressure. LP should be a side effect from a great flowing marker and not a goal. Aside from all that I would try setting up your marker with a soft recocking spring and a medium to heavy valve spring. This will put you in the middle of pressure. Then adjust your pressure to achieve the velocity your field plays at. In all honesty in my opinion and my experience my Spyders do better in the 350 to 400psi range with a light medium valve spring and light main spring than I had it with an ultra light valve spring and a light main spring with a few rings cut off. Your biggest hurdle in front of you is toying with your marker to find the right spring combos. Hope this helps.