PDA

View Full Version : java tank position

Dr.No
03-29-2006, 09:05 PM
I got my tank today (java 68/4.5k) and the fill port is pointed straigt up into my drop so i cant fit the cap on it. can i just loosen the two bonnet locking screws and turn the bonnet? Or is it going to involve takeing the whole thing apart?

Team Ramrod
03-30-2006, 06:00 AM
so when you have it screwed in its pointing up into the drop?

try putting an o-ring into your drop so when you screw in your tank it still seals but in a different location, that way you can put on your nipple cover.

druid
03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
what kind of asa do you have? If you have an on/off, unimount or similarly 'caged' asa, you can rotate the asa in the cage and mount in as you need to...
If stock asa, see if it's possible to turn it upside down and mount it that way.

Dr.No
03-30-2006, 07:02 PM
its a psychoballistics w/ on off.the asa is on a dovetail type thing, i dont think it can be moved.

just stuff another oring in the asa? that doesnt sound like a good idea.

I cant find the insturctions online but from the diagram it looks like i can just loosen the 2 hex screws (bonnet screws) and turn the part that threads into the asa (bonnet) but i dont know for sure and id hate to see the reg come completely apart or something and have to rebuild it.

SparkyGT
03-31-2006, 12:15 AM
mine lines up ok, on other guns it is in way different spots, see if a friend has the same and will trade ya the ASA if it lines up in a better spot