paintballsgosplat
03-29-2006, 12:06 PM
i plan on getting a mr2 but i have a few questions:
1. does this come with a barrel plug or bag
2. is the stock barrel ok or should i get a differant kind like a J & J ceramic
3. what is a recomended hopper for it

tex
03-29-2006, 07:08 PM
1. Yes it does come with a barrel plug but you should consider a barrel sleeve or whatever the technical term is.
2. The stock barrel is ok but I recommend a j&j ceramic. However you must be very careful which one you buy. The MR2 has a shroud over the end of the gun, so if you are to get one make sure it is very thin all the way back to the threads. I have the $29.00 barrel. The sight I got it from didn't list a model but you can tell which one I mean.
3. As far as hoppers go, I have a stock gravity feed. Most people will say I'm nuts, but shooting massive amounts of paint is not my game. I didn't buy this gun for the trigger. If you want a power hopper, everyone in here says get a cheap REV hopper. Something that only feeds like 13-15 per second. Also remember that the ball detent on this gun is poor. Look at either some out of a piranha or better yet, the ones out of a bob long timmy. You can also look at some other threads to answer any other hopper and barrel questions.

Chapman88
04-12-2006, 04:08 PM
For replacing hte ball detent, email kingman and the will send u a replacment one

tex
04-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately kingman is a little on the slow side for sending out detents. Your best bet is to just go buy some, they are cheap enough.

lilc
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
For replacing hte ball detent, email kingman and the will send u a replacment one

Just get a black Timmy detent.

lilc
04-13-2006, 01:49 PM
...3. As far as hoppers go, I have a stock gravity feed. Most people will say I'm nuts, but shooting massive amounts of paint is not my game. I didn't buy this gun for the trigger. If you want a power hopper, everyone in here says get a cheap REV hopper. Something that only feeds like 13-15 per second. Also remember that the ball detent on this gun is poor. Look at either some out of a piranha or better yet, the ones out of a bob long timmy. You can also look at some other threads to answer any other hopper and barrel questions.

Ricochet or Halo Backman TSA match this gun nicely.

RuffRhydas00
04-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I have the Halo Backman TSA on mine. I have only tried it on semi-auto, not on burst or full-auto, and it has worked great so far.

NextoN
04-15-2006, 05:16 AM
I have the evo it works perfect but remember that the evo does not have true forfeed like halo etc.

ooglieboogliebob
04-15-2006, 09:06 AM
well .. if you put the z-board in ... it does have forcefeed ...

NextoN
04-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes that's right but I havent Z-board so I don't got forcefeed.

wayleft
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM
My MR2 has a Halo B and it is way better than the revvy I used before. I constantly out shot the revvy, Halo has been great. I also didn't replace the detents and havent had a problem. I've shot maybe 3000 or more balls with the Halo and have had only one chop. I did get a higher tension spring just so I didn't have to screw the thing all the way in for 280 bps.

I am not a great shot, not bad, but not great, and the marker is more accurate than I am. My buddy has an MR1 and can hit the top few inches of a 4x4 post at about 50 feet. Good enough to tag a hopper sticking up when you get the chance.

DRAGON
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
So um.......what was the first of the few questions you mentioned in the title? - :p