PDA

View Full Version : rail?

QuiGonKen
03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
hi im thinking of getting a red dot sight for my MR1 but it only fits 3/8 inch dovetail mounts..would this fit my MR1? im told it would fit older spyders but what about the MR1?

thanks
--QGK

SupermanDan
03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
no. the MR1 has a 7/8" weaver rail. it's way too wide. there are lots of sights, however, that will fit it.

lilc
03-28-2006, 06:44 PM
no. the MR1 has a 7/8" weaver rail. it's way too wide. there are lots of sights, however, that will fit it.

I think the biggest broblem is not really the width of the rail but its length; there's not all that much usable rail between the feed neck and the top-mounted cocking knob...

yamaha cow
04-14-2006, 05:02 PM
there are to many variables ona paintball scopes and red dots are for NOOBS!! sry if you are.

Voodoo27909
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Red Dots are for NOOBS??? In reality...no scope is going to do much good on any paintball gun, but if you want to mount one up...the Red Dot is about the ONLY one that makes any real sense at all to use with paintball

Sandman_Bravo
04-15-2006, 02:58 AM
I have a red dot that's extremely accurate. If you get a marker with a good barrel that's going to give tight groupings, then a red dot is viable up to the distance that your groupings open up. Besides, what's the point of a scenerio marker if you don't put accessories on it? Then it's just a tourney gun.

Eric182
04-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Ha ha ha
yeah man, it's ALL about the accessories.

tex
04-16-2006, 06:08 AM
I was actually able to sight in a rifle scope on my mr2. It isn't perfect but its within a 1ft by 1ft range at about 35ft. Good enough for a kill shot in my eyes. I do use my scope more for the vision aspect than the actual aiming. The length is a factor however on the mr1. I was told winchester makes a scope mount that mounts off to the side. It was for their old lever action rifles. I have to do some digging but that may be a way to go.

Frat
04-16-2006, 07:33 AM
there are to many variables ona paintball scopes and red dots are for NOOBS!! sry if you are.\

Goes along with a statement I heard yesterday. "I don't need to be accurate I have a 300 round hopper" If you are playing on a an X field then yeah maybe but anywhere you have distance it is not about volume but who can put their balls onto the target the fastest. Red dots are a good way to go but get a 42mm or 50mm. It will open your field of view up.