PDA

View Full Version : data transfer between comps

jcrazyjj
03-28-2006, 12:31 PM
ok, well, as some of u know, (mainly zippywilikens) i am real close to ordering the parts for my new computer, but all my music, videos, and files, are conviently on "this" comp and i want them on "that" comp. id like to bring over to the new comp, zippywillikens suggest using a SD mem card, which i have. but i was thinking more along the lines of just a USB cable between both comp and sending em through there. i would just put "this" HDD into "that" computer, but dad wants "this" one to remain functional still. :( So if u have any suggestions please speak up. the cheaper the better and links are always welcome.

when i get everything set up, i might(most likely) set up a network anyway, so i can use the printer and stuff.

chubb0rz
03-28-2006, 01:15 PM
The fastest way i see is to take out the Harddrive from the old computer, put it in the new one temp. and set it as a "Slave" and when you get into Windows (98/ME/XP whatever) Copy everything to the new drive. Than when you are done just shut it down pull it out and you are set.

SparkyGT
03-28-2006, 03:19 PM
get someone with an external HD, or i even use my ipod and transfer that way, set up a network, or get a crossover cat5 cable

Nader
03-28-2006, 09:15 PM
if both computers have firewire, that would be fast too...just make sure you get the right cable.

NB_Hacker_NB
03-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Direct connect both computers or put everything into one .zip file and upload to a site and redownload on the other computer.

DFSniper
03-31-2006, 01:07 PM
like the othe two said: network/link the computers together (through LAN or firewire) and then just transfer the data over.