PDA

View Full Version : Well, I just got back from the Doctor....

druid
03-28-2006, 07:57 AM
...and on April 13th I have surgery scheduled for my shoulder. The short version is:
I was injured at work (OJI) and sprained my AC Joint/Rotator Cuff in November of '05. I have been playing around with physical therapy ever since.

On the 13th he's going to remove a section under the collar bone where the injury is...and look for a torn piece of cartilage. If there IS a tear, it'll have to be repaired.

Not looking for prayers (although they are appreciated) but i figured I'd let everyone know before I go 'unheard-from' for a few weeks. You may now commence with the partying :yay:

shunut
03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
I will have my familty add you to thier prayers. Should go fine though, rotator cuff injuries are very common these days as well as rotator cuff repairs. I have a 60+ year old patient completely tear his rotator cuff, got it repaired and was back on the golf course in about 4 months. Good luck bud.

big_daddy_d
03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Druid you and I are in the same boat... Just got off of the pain meds for my AC joint being all jacked up from a weekend of playing (slid into a bunker too rough) Doc says to come back in 2 weeks for another cortisone shot GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR because I refuse to take it easy.

Forgot, Good luck with the surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

druid
03-28-2006, 10:01 AM
thanks......and I had that shot....and the P.A. that gave it to me asked..."that didn't hurt, did it?" and my reply was " well, let me rip your arm off and beat you with it...think it'll hurt?" She stopped asking stupid questions...then pulled the needle out...you know, the one that's the same diameter as a basketball/volleyball needle? Yeah......

big_daddy_d
03-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm just being a knucklehead about it though, have a pt test coming up in 2 weeks and I don't feel like going on profile until afterwards... Doc was like well it won't get worse but you'll just have to do the shots and keep taking the pain meds until after the 12th of April, which is fine with me, I'll rest it after then...

druid
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
well....at 0745 hours today I'm going under the knife. Hopefully all will go well...although I'm not looking forward to having a breathing tube jammed down my throat. See ya (hopefully) in a few weeks or so..

big_daddy_d
04-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Good luck druid, I'm sure all will go well... Hurry back to these forums and Ion Owners as well!!!

DyNasty9
04-12-2006, 08:46 PM
ahhh rotator cuff. i have really really loose tendons holding my rotator cuff in so i can like dislocate my shoulder and stuff. its sick. but i play baseball and due to my shoulders being loose i can throw pretty hard, but my accuracy sucks. i hate it. but good luck to ya, hope everything goes well.

thechubbss12
04-13-2006, 03:38 AM
Ouch.....
Well enjoy your time off everything =).....

ooglieboogliebob
04-13-2006, 09:53 AM
well, i hope for the best of luck for you ...

03TiburonGT
04-13-2006, 10:18 AM
good luck, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers

marvin-martian
04-13-2006, 03:38 PM
hope it went well

druid
04-13-2006, 08:31 PM
ow....ow....oww......this....just...sux.....3 incisions...removed bone from joint and typing with 1 hnd.....percoset not kicking in fast enough...good thin is that he just had to shave bone and nothing else so i should be up n running in a few days rather than weeks.
...and it took me almost 6 mins to type this left handed.....grrrrr

big_daddy_d
04-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Welcome back druid the one armed bandit!!! :D just kidding, sure you'll be up and running in no time...

ooglieboogliebob
04-14-2006, 12:16 AM
haha ... hope those meds'll do you some good ;) .... Hmm... what'd you learn today ... ?? :)

bamf-hacker
04-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Wow your posts should be really good today...

Percoset + Message Board = BANNED

Mods be nice to him he had surgery :)

JK man glad you are done and it was not as bad as they thought!!!

HacKeR

druid
04-14-2006, 06:18 AM
they took pics of th inside of the joint and when i can hold my digicamera straigt, i'll see if i can take a pic of them and post it. from the impact (november) on the ground, the bone swelled and became rough like lava rock. the doc used a tool that's the size of a pencil...theres a camera in it, a knife/hone and a vaccuum in it...he had to smoothe out the rough spots . The put a nerve block on it by stabbing me in the neck with a needle and numbing the nerve that controls my arm. now the bloick has completely worn off...and now I'm not happy at all...

durrell
04-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Ouch..hope the pain subsides soon for you dru..until then, try and think happy thoughts...:p

03TiburonGT
04-14-2006, 10:35 AM
wow sounds like quite an ordeal. Stay positive and you'll get through it!

*EM1-Master*
04-14-2006, 01:00 PM
I posted once when I was ornery... Then KG banned me :shocked: Be careful :D

shunut
04-16-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm glad everything went well and I hope your recovery is even better. Get those pics up ASAP!