PDA

View Full Version : It's truely a crime..............

DRAGON
03-28-2006, 02:15 AM
The top 10 states for crime. Did yours make it?.............:o

1. Nevada.........ROLL THE DICE, GIMME YO MONEY!
The home to "Sin City" tops the list for the third year in a row. Its violent crime rate was up nearly 18 percent in the five years from 2000 to 2004, while nationally, violent crime rates have decreased 8 percent.

2. Louisiana.........HAPPY MARDI GRAS BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
As if Hurricane Katrina didn't do enough damage to the state, residents also suffer from this staggering stat: It hosts the highest number of murders in America. The U.S. rate is 5.5 (per 100,000 population). The Creole state: a whopping 12.7.

3. New Mexico........WE DONN NEED NO STINKING BAAAADGES!
New Mexico seems to have gotten a lot more dangerous since last year. It jumped from the ninth to the third spot. With some of the highest rates of rape and aggravated assault in the nation, should we still call it the "Land of Enchantment?"

4. Arizona..........BUT IT'S A DRY HEAT, JUST NEED YOUR AIR CONDITIONED CAR FOR A MINUTE
Don't leave your car unlocked in the Grand Canyon state. It has more than double the number of motor vehicle thefts than the national average. Only Nevada has more.

5. Maryland.........MERRY LAND OF CRIME, STICK-EM-UP!
Its state motto is "Fatti Maschii, Parole Femine" which means "Manly Deeds, Womanly Words." But with the highest rate of robberies in America, maybe it should consider "Stick 'em up!" instead.

6. South Carolina........Y'ALL COME BACK NOW HEYAH?
Well-known to vacationers for its golf and beach vacations (think Hilton Head), the Palmetto State also wins the award for the highest rate of aggravated assaults in the U.S.

7. Florida..........SAY HELLO TO MY LEEETLE FREIN MEING
While the Sunshine State didn't land in the top three for any particular crime category, it did rank fourth for aggravated assaults and fifth for robberies.

8. Tennessee........CORN FLAKES AND MOONSHINE'LL DO THAT TO YA, ASK JETHRO
The state may have turned out many country music stars in Nashville, but it also seems to be fostering many thugs, as well. The state ranks third in aggravated assaults and fifth for burglaries.

9. Alaska........THEY STALK MORE THAN BABY SEALS AND CARABAO I SEE, HEY BABY, NICE MOUNTAINS!
This stat is just plain alarming: Alaska has a rate of 85.1 rapes per year (per 100,000 population) -- almost triple the U.S. average of 32.2 rapes -- making the state No. 1 in this crime category.

10. California.........DUUUUUUDE, LIKE GOT ANY CHARE SPANGE? WAAAOOOOO!
The Golden State came in third for motor vehicle theft, sixth for robberies and ninth for murders.

Chicago, New York & Detroit have been put to shame lol -

BallerX
03-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Woot! Holdin strong to the top 5 in Maryland. Seriously. I'll cut you.

thechubbss12
03-28-2006, 03:35 AM
Woot! Holdin strong to the top 5 in Maryland. Seriously. I'll cut you.

LOL

Ahh gotta love that there indian justice....... No oklahoma probibly isnt even in the top 15....

shunut
03-28-2006, 04:24 AM
Alright #4. And its true, don't leave your car unlocked, actually even if it is locked, they don't care. I've had 2 cars stolen, one from my driveway, one from work. I've also had 3 cars broken into 2 in my driveway, 1 at a friends apartment complex. Most steal them and drive them over the Mexico boarded and sell them. All but one of the cars that I've had broken into have had alarms, so those don't really help either.

durrell
03-28-2006, 07:16 AM
I bet NC is like number 51 lol

druid
03-28-2006, 07:49 AM
haha......PA.......dodged the bullet once again :yay:

Moe
03-28-2006, 11:32 AM
IL seems to be pretty safe. Except for the inner city....chi-town baby. Glad i dont live there. The 'burbs are the shiznat. there is big city, suburb, and rural all within an hour of me. I can pretty much do anything, except for climb a mountain....or go to a beach....a REAL beach...not freakin lake michigan...lol

03TiburonGT
03-28-2006, 12:29 PM
4. Arizona..........BUT IT'S A DRY HEAT, JUST NEED YOUR AIR CONDITIONED CAR FOR A MINUTE
Don't leave your car unlocked in the Grand Canyon state. It has more than double the number of motor vehicle thefts than the national average. Only Nevada has more.

So thats why the insurance rates are so gawd-aweful high

xtraking
03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
MD is up there cus of baltimore city. Good job maryland , but baltimroe city is like #3 on the list of cities haha.

vikingshadow
03-28-2006, 02:40 PM
What? No Oklahoma?

Oh, wait. Boredom and divorce aren't crimes.......

ricochet08
03-28-2006, 03:20 PM
im suprised Missouri isn't on that list :shocked:

DisturbedMetal35
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Wow, apparently i ain't as gansta up here in Connecticut as i thought i was:dodgy:

druid
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Wow, apparently i ain't as gansta up here in Connecticut as i thought i was:dodgy:

...we already knew that....

DJ Katt RMX
03-28-2006, 10:51 PM
What? No Oklahoma?

Oh, wait. Boredom and divorce aren't crimes.......

HAHAHAHA!

thechubbss12
03-29-2006, 03:45 AM
LOL Vike you are my hero.....

Whew #1 for divorce....... =(

ShadowX
03-29-2006, 04:08 AM
Doesn't look like GA is in there...

DRAGON
03-29-2006, 04:19 AM
Funny thing about this thread is some sound a bit disappointed if their state isn't in the top 10 lol -

rowdyroper2003
03-29-2006, 08:28 AM
if you commit a crime in texas, you get the axe...well, more like the injection...but you get the idea...

check out http://www.txprisonmuseum.org/...they have a picture of the old electric chair...

we took a field trip to the prision town of Huntsville when i was a Senior in high school, and we went to the prision museum...standing by Old Sparky literally sent chills up my spine...it was majorly creepy to know 3 feet away sat a chair that use to kill people...

holy cow, i got the chills again...

lewizz124
03-29-2006, 12:24 PM
dang i thought for sure chicago and detroit were gonna be on there. oh and moe, i live a in a "beach town" *chuckle chuckle*. but we have what seems to be a "real beach" i love our beaches here have huge dunes lotsa sand lighthouses ect. i live right by warren dunes park (its got like a big 260sumthin foot dune) and i like it alot.

splater18
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
yea mine is # 2 i live in new orleans mardi grass rulz over here

kif
03-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Woohoo, big number 7 here.

NB_Hacker_NB
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Doesn't look like GA is in there...
Same as I was thinking. I noticed ALA isnt on there for the most pounds of roadkill scraped of teh road.

DRAGON
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Same as I was thinking. I noticed ALA isnt on there for the most pounds of roadkill scraped of teh road.

Not a crime to supply locals with meat for road kill stew - :D