PDA

View Full Version : Spyder body screws

shortypie
03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey everyone. Have you noticed that the screws on the rodeo-esq guns are different from their older cousins? Why is that? Thanks

leed
03-27-2006, 08:15 PM
I can't help you on the cocking knob screw size, but I'll tell you what the threads are for the other 3. The VA, and the two trigger frame screws are all the same, they can easily be found at Home Depot, Lowes, or your local Hardware store.

What you are looking for are Metric sized screws. They are called 5 mm x .8 . As for the length of the screw, just bring your trigger frame and body into the store (Home depot doesn't care, I've done it several times) and see what fits. I have two Cap Socket Screws that are 16 mm long, which is a little bit too long, but I can cut them if you'd like them. They are plain steel, which will rust, so you may want to look for Stainless Steel Screws, which I couldn't find in metric for some reason. They'll run you for about 40-70 cents a pair, and they generally only come in packs of two or four or more, generally even numbers.

Hope that helps,
David

It seems you have edited your post, so I if you still need this, it's here for you, otherwise I can't answer your question.

shortypie
03-27-2006, 08:21 PM
thanks, it helps alot.

druid
03-28-2006, 05:08 AM
idk.......THIS (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=223) help you at all?