PDA

View Full Version : Broken Rib?

xtraking
03-26-2006, 04:28 AM
Hey guys, some of oyu know that i play rugby, some dont. But friday at my game i tackled their one wing so hard that when i hit the ground he came on top of me and knocked me out and injured my ribs. I was only otu for like 5 seconds but stil i still feel it. Anyways my question is, has anybody had a broken rib before? Like dead center in my chest i have thsi really sharp pain whenever i move an odd way or cough or breathe deep. What do yo guys think it is? Im getting xrays right now but im actually kind of scared because when i cough i keep coughing and sometimes i like fall down it hurts so much. So yeah im going to get xrays now.

Dave

03TiburonGT
03-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Sounds like a broken or fractured rib. Dont worry about it and stay positive, those doctors will take care of you.

marvin-martian
03-26-2006, 06:22 AM
the doctors will know whats up and will fix you up. i say its broken, but nothings official until the doctors tell you.

~shocktheman~
03-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Hopefully its not. My mom broke her ribs once and theres nothing the doctors could really do. They cant really cast it of course since its not like an arm or leg. Good luck though with the xrays.

xtraking
03-26-2006, 08:32 AM
well i just got back, and thankfully nothing is broken with my ribs. And my head is also fine, just shooken up i guess. They did say that i tore a muscle in my chest and it will take a few weeks to heal, but im glad nothings broken. Thanks for the support, now im off to go buy my first car :) nothing special, but a 94 geo prizm for 1 grand with 95k miles.

ooglieboogliebob
03-26-2006, 08:36 AM
hmm... atleast it's not broken .. ... Hey atleast you can have someone always picking stuff up for you if you act it out ;) ...

claustrophobia9
03-26-2006, 09:10 AM
are you sure you broke it (edit: ya i didnt think so), i had a bruised rib recently (? thats what my dad told me) and i had trouble breathing and stuff. ibuprofin helps the most imo.

oh, and im the one who you were talking to in the pokemon game.

Paradox313
03-28-2006, 06:20 PM
untill doctors stop calling them practices, i might go
other than that
**** em