PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone happy with their MR2???

tex
03-25-2006, 07:20 PM
I just bought an MR2 and for the most part all I've heard are bad things. Does anyone have any good things to say?? I already changed the detent to a piranha detent but that is it. Should I sell it already and buy something else or is there hope.

Voodoo27909
03-25-2006, 10:59 PM
...Im extremely happy with the MR2 since changing out the detents, and adding a $29.00 J&J barrel. Its a great shooting marker, good range, very accurate now with the JJ barrel, low mantainance, tough in the field, eats Tippy's, Sim 4's and SP8's for lunch, good speed...and is an eye catcher. Sexy Beast. I wouldnt give it up for any other scenerio marker. Its a keeper after working out the small issues mentioned. VERY fairly priced too. :waytogo: :waytogo: TWO thumbs up!!!

tex
03-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Which detents seem to work the best?? Should I stick with the piranha detent or switch to something else? And where did you get your barrel? Thanks for the info. I play alot of woods ball and it's a little too cold to play, so I was just getting nervous because it chopped a couple balls just in test firing.

Voodoo27909
03-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Dont use to fast a hopper (I.E. EvoII egg...Halo, ETC)...use a slower less expensive hopper like the VL Revy. The MR2 doesnt like being force fed more than around 13-15 balls a second from the hopper. I used Pirhanna detents while I was waiting for the Bob Long TIMMY detents that I ordered as replacements to arrive in the mail (Black ones...about $12.00 for ten of them, just do a Google search for Bob Long Timmy detents on the net). The Pirhanna's worked fine, but I recommend the Timmy's because they are alittle stiffer.

The Barrel I purchased here....

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/manufacturers_id-124/product-846/jj-j-and-j-ceramic-barrel.html?zenid=ea487f054d8fefef0870d0e5aed04615

ALSO...If you contact Kingman, they will send you some detents as warranty replacements (Black ones like the Timmy detents) if you explain to them what happened to your original detents. I did this after getting the Bob Longs, and I compared the ones Kingman sent to me with the ones I ordered...and they were both the same as far as stiffness goes. It took a long time to get the Kingman ones in the mail though, so I would order the others first, then get the replacements from Kingman.

...Hope this helps you to decide to give the MR2 a second chance. It really is a good marker after some minor corrections.

NextoN
03-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I have an EVO hopper. It works fine you just have to set the screw to 14-16 bps.. The ACS has catched many chops tho :) The best part with the MR2 is that I can use cheap balls

Creeper2k4
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM
I use a Halo TSA LED Backman and after changing out detent and breaking in the ACS bolt haven't chop a ball yet. I love the MR2's feel and its durability.

tex
04-02-2006, 10:03 AM
I broke in the bolt finally and I changed the paint I was using. I cant wait to actually play. The weather around here hasnt really cooperated lately. I also have to finish redesigning my field. It seemed to fire much better after changing paint and adding the j&j ceramic, but again it was only in test firing.

silverball
04-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I have an EVO hopper. It works fine you just have to set the screw to 14-16 bps.. The ACS has catched many chops tho :) The best part with the MR2 is that I can use cheap balls

I have a TSA Diablo Frontman...i think is 14bps.

where is that screw? where i will see whn the marker is set up in 14bps?

thanks

TenderVittles
04-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Does this make any sense? I ordered a replacement kingman detent from paintball adventures, and it cost me $10.81. I thought this was a ripoff and I said $10.81?!? The woman there said that's what it cost us. I said it costs 2 dollars on your site. Then she said the website must be wrong. This really pisses me off knowing vodoo got 10 for $12. This wasn't even the one for the mr2, it was for older models.

ooglieboogliebob
04-05-2006, 07:22 PM
^^^ ... have you ever thought about shipping .. ?? ... small items shipped does kill the price ... try buying some more stuff .. they might have a free shipping policy if you buy enough ...

TenderVittles
04-05-2006, 08:01 PM
i went to the store to buy it

ooglieboogliebob
04-05-2006, 09:18 PM
ahh ... then i have no clue .. ??

Voodoo27909
04-06-2006, 09:12 AM
...Does that $10.00 detent come with a free jar of Vasoline?

I really should'nt joke...I really dont know what kind of detent it is yet. It may be something like a "Killa" detent for all I know, then yeh...it could cost around ten bucks. BUT...if it's just a regular old rubber detent thingy, $10.00 is a "Bend you over" price.

silverball
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Guys, theres is SCREW to turn the MR2 from 25bps to 14bps???!!!

NextoN
04-06-2006, 01:14 PM
uh no? is there? I can't see it on mine.. The MR2 is stock 13bps as the rest of the spyders? The 25bps is only in semi-auto..

silverball
04-06-2006, 01:20 PM
So with my Diablo TSA Frontman (is comming, and i think it works in 13/14bps) i be capable to play in "burst" and "auto" mode?!?!?!? or i will be shooting in false?

tex
04-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Dude you got ripped. Just go to a paintball shop and get the ones off a timmy or I'm using a piranha.