PDA

View Full Version : failure to launch

claustrophobia9
03-25-2006, 05:19 PM
first of all, it wasn't my choice to see the movie, my dad isnt as good at lying as my mom is, and he did the talking. for some reason the theater didn't understand what "Rated R" actually means... it means parental supervision required to admit a minor... key there is ADMIT, not sit through. so i ended up seeing failure to launch which you may know, had paintball in it.

horrible protrail of paintball.

no barrel plugs
misfires
masks off
barrel rolls, superman dives every second
knocking over every bunker
fx added to make the paintballs break the soundbarrier

plus the movie sucked. bad acting on the sex in the city girl's part. the only really good part was this mocking bird that was driving her roommate insane. her roommate was a 10x better actor

marvin-martian
03-25-2006, 05:29 PM
sounds exactly what i expected

claustrophobia9
03-25-2006, 05:33 PM
sounds exactly what i expected
when it was posted on the nation it sounded like it was an all paintball movie, and that they were trying to portray it right. oh! and that the movie wouldnt suck.

druid
03-25-2006, 05:39 PM
when it was posted on the nation it sounded like it was an all paintball movie, and that they were trying to portray it right. oh! and that the movie wouldnt suck.

that was your first mistake...you listened to the chuckleheads on Nation
second, you believed them

claustrophobia9
03-25-2006, 07:10 PM
they had pics and everything and i was fooled... this, was horrendous. they knocked over every bunker they dove into and purposely threw the X down on some guy. they walked in without plugs, the game started while 2 masks were up, and mid way the main guy lifted his (for the audience, clearly) to ask if the girl was fine..

Baller-59
03-25-2006, 08:11 PM
that was your first mistake...you listened to the chuckleheads on Nation
second, you believed them
it's not their/our fault nobody here makes shens threads. That and you would expect the little bugger to watch TV. Then he would have caught one of the movie trailers and wouldn't look be making an arse out of himself.(According to my JROTC instructor "Scotishizing" a swear word does not make it better, does that apply here too?)

DRAGON
03-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Kinda funny how people react to a movie(movies aren't real) and complain about breaking rules that don't apply to movies at all. As far as I know it wasn't a documentary so the normal rules of paintball just don't apply. I suppose y'all should just be happy that someone had a remote interest to include a paintball excerpt in a movie at all. I may watch it just for ****s-n-giggles once it's out in the vid stores -

shunut
03-26-2006, 04:30 AM
I saw the paintball part on darkside and I though it was the biggest crock I've ever seen. Horrible representation of paintball. I'm mean come on that guy who got shot in the foot at the beginning had sandals on. Then there is all the stuff that claus said. I think we should get together and sue them for misrepresentation of the sport of paintball and slander, j/k, but I was seriously upset at how they portrayed paintball. This is a mutli-million dollar production, they could have done a little more research, if they did any at all.

DyNasty9
03-26-2006, 03:43 PM
ya i saw it a few days ago. i thought the pb stuff sucked too. i was really really mad when they took their masks off and stuff. but at least they didnt go shoot people on the streets with the guns.

i thought the mockingbird part was really funny tho.