PDA

View Full Version : Help

Enforcer_44
03-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I've had my MR-1 for about 2 weeks. I've shot about 1500 balls thru it using a 72 cu in 3000 psi tank. The problem I'm having (besides going thru 2 ball detents) is taht the marker acts as if the tank is empty. The gauge reads 2000 and it works on my custom 98 w/out a problem. Any ideas??

Also when you chopped/shear off the ball detent, anyone else have the marker jam up and not fire??

SupermanDan
03-25-2006, 12:31 PM
wow sounds like it's pretty messed up. that happens to mine with Co2 in it. it'll go rapid fire without shooting balls like it does when it's out of air, when i just filled the tank. but when i go back and fill the tank again, it works fine. as for the ball detents, are you replacing them with original spyder ones, or with timmy detents?

Voodoo27909
03-25-2006, 11:09 PM
...sounds like you simply need to clean and lube the bolt, and add a few drops of oil in the ASA before you screw in the tank for the internals (I also use a very small amount of Shocker grease on my bolt). Also...take it apart and clean the bolt, and re-lube after EVERY day of use, and again in the field if it happens to start acting up again during the day (Its really easy to pull the bolt out and lube it in these markers).This marker is very unforgiving with failing to do this regular maintanance. Mine will play the low air trick everytime if I do not do the above, ESPECIALLY when its a bit chilly outside. Take out the bolt and do what I suggested (Just a small amount of paint on it will cause it to act up). I doubt there is anything wrong with the marker that alittle oil wont fix. Let me know how it turns out.

Enforcer_44
03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!! I appreciate the help!

NextoN
03-30-2006, 07:29 AM
The same thing happend to my MR2 i switched the O-ring on the marker. But I think it's the oil I have never used oil ..

tex
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Just dont use oil on the delrin bolt, like in the MR2!!!

Enforcer_44
04-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!! Cleaned and lubed bolt worked fine!! Only thing I found out by accident is that when u are out of paint, the gun "farts" like its out of air. This is my first spyder and I love it. Never thought i'd make my custom 98 my backup marker.