PDA

View Full Version : upgrades

aplaw2005
03-23-2006, 05:51 PM
I just recently got into paintballing.. I have the stock Spyder Pilot ACS red/black .. bought it from basspro.. Really want to get into this sport and upgrade the gun... What should i upgrade first .. i have no clue where to start.. any suggestions?

Hob Hayward
03-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Probably your best bet for a first upgrade wold either be an electronic hopper, or a new barrel, I'd say get the new barrel first, because the ACS will keep you from breaking due to load speed.

For a barrel, your best bet for a cheap but good barrel would be the new smart parts progressive. It's around 40$ and looks to be really good. The real key to upgrades is how much cash you've got...

Check out www.ottersccustoms.com Otter has information on everything spyder, how to disassemble a diagram of how a spyder works, and tons more, the definative rescource for spyders :)

vwjimmy
03-23-2006, 06:17 PM
get a barrel first....maybe a thunderpig or a jj ceramic and then a motorized hopper......then go to the field and have fun!!! :D

Sandman_Bravo
03-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Yep, I'm a noob too and I have the same marker - red/black fade, and I put on a J & J ceramic S2 barrel with an Empire Re-loader electric hopper and it's like a different gun. Check out the S2, it looks like a two piece.

druid
03-24-2006, 08:47 AM
two words....CLICK ME (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html)
....and welcome to the forums

NB_Hacker_NB
03-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Regulator

ooglieboogliebob
03-24-2006, 07:11 PM
eh .. if you do get a progressive .. it shouldn't be that expensive .. i suggest buying it used ... and ... rather a teardrop ... but if you do want a progressive i know durrell sells them NIB for only 20 bucks

Spinal
03-25-2006, 07:37 PM
clamping feedneck.