PDA

View Full Version : that one dream...

ricochet08
03-23-2006, 01:38 PM
has anyone ever had that dream where ur falling from an unknown height, and when u hit the ground, ur body reacts as if it really made impact, then u wake up?

i asked a few friends and they all had it.

actually...that dream is pretty funny 2 me :p

NB_Hacker_NB
03-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Ahhh, the old scary as **** fall-from-somewhere-high dream is it? Yes, Ive had it. The last one I had was...from a water tower, and I fell onto an 18-wheeler. I ALWAYS wake up before hitting. Some say if you stay asleep when you hit you may have a heart attack. Personally, I don't want to find out.

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
you wake up and it feels like your are bouncing on your bed? its brain induced vertigo. you wake from the dream too fast while you are still sort-of in a dreamy state and youll feel like that.

jcrazyjj
03-23-2006, 02:01 PM
yeah, those things are trippy, but i like em.

marvin-martian
03-23-2006, 02:07 PM
in english last week i dreamed that i was chasing this guy, but slipped on a banana peel, but woke up hitting my knees on the desk right before my butt hit the ground.

NB_Hacker_NB
03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
^^Trippy^^ Fact: People didn't start insestivity in the South United States. It began in Europe, where they thought to have a pure bloodline in ruling a country, you must marry someone of your own blood. King-Tut married his half sister at the age of nine in Egypt.

DyNasty9
03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
haha i have that dream then i fall outta the bed.

NB_Hacker_NB
03-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Does anyone else have that dream where you think you went to school without a shirt on?

druid
03-23-2006, 03:55 PM
...I don't dream...or I don't remember them

03TiburonGT
03-23-2006, 04:04 PM
When I have that falling dealy, its not really a dream. I dont see anything, I just get the feeling that im losing my balance, then falling, and then my whole body reacts like I hit the ground. They kind of annoy me sometimes like, "why did I think I was falling? I knew I was on my bed..."

ooglieboogliebob
03-23-2006, 04:25 PM
hmm i'v had those dreams before ... i remember it feels like 5 minutes of falling and then i hit the ground ... and then i find myself on the ground ... off my 5 foot high bed .. >.<

rowdyroper2003
03-23-2006, 04:37 PM
i get them, but i don't fall longer than 5 seconds before i wake up...

i had one of those in Accounting yesterday...i'm sure it looked hella-funny when i woke up...

MatthewTheTheif
03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
if im ever partially asleep, i dream and act out whatever im doing, like, if im fighting some guy, ill punch and kick and wake myself up

the falling scares the crap outta me though

and what about those ones where you get shot or something and you hurt there when you wake up?

thechubbss12
03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Heh i seem to have thoses right before i feel like im falling asleep. Like all of a sudden i like jump becasue i fall randomly... kinda wierd =(

thegodfather
03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Does anyone else have that dream where you think you went to school without a shirt on?

iv had that one^ its so scary, and the one where your falling, i love that one. but has any one had one where they are flying like all you do is jump and you can fly like superman

Team Ramrod
03-23-2006, 06:12 PM
To be honest. I havent remembered a dream in years. Sure there is the odd one, but I never remeber them when i wake up. Wierd, i know, but i cant explain it.

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 07:04 PM
...I don't dream...or I don't remember themyou dont remeber them, you probibly wake up extremly fast instead of the "i know i have to wake up but ill doze off some more" wake up. that tends to "erase" the dream. they did a study where they would wake people right before they went into REM (rapid eye movement, dream sleep) (about 3-4 hours into sleep)so that they couldnt dream then let them go back to sleep but continually woke them beofore REM could occur for a week. nearly all of the people in test group 1 (wake up go back to bed) got 10 hours of sleep with interuptions at rem became highly paranoid for the week and exhibited signs of insanity that were quickly changed after that got rem sleep. compared to normal people with 10hours of sleep uninterupted and normal people with 7 hours of sleep uninterupted. so if you dont dream, youll go insane.

ricochet08
03-23-2006, 07:21 PM
. so if you dont dream, youll go insane.

hmm...people have been telling me i've been a bit crazy lately :confused:

~shocktheman~
03-24-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL I just had a dream where I was at my friends bday party and I for got to put pants on. For some reason though in the dream I knew I was dreaming so I just started walking around giving people hugs:D

bomberpilot07
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
so if you dont dream, youll go insane.
i knew he was insane :grin:
i have weird dreams, like killing things :dodgy:

UKwithPride
03-24-2006, 12:46 PM
My last one I remember was I was skateboarding and I ran into a fire hydrant, then I fell and woke up.

Does anyone ever get a dream where you are in a desert and you are jumping REALLY high then when you hit you bounce back up high, and it just keeps going....