PDA

View Full Version : south park news.

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 11:38 AM
hey i dont want to bring up the topic of religion i just saw the new ep. of southpark last night and read up on it.

spoiler alert, nothing too big

scrollllllllll

CHEF DIED! the entire episode they used a chef sound board to make his voice (very obviously) because Isaac Hayes (chefs voice) quit because they made fun of scientology... it seems alot of people are getting their undies in a bunch over that episode. AGAIN!!! not to bring up a religious debate here, i didnt see any mormons getting really fed up with the mormon episode. heres the artice with a really good quote from matt stone, one of the directors of southpark.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060313/ap_en_tv/people_isaac_hayes

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 11:46 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/18632;_ylt=AkxMuZ6QBjpUx7AqHNDyDsi2GL8C;_ylu=X3oDM TA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

another follow up article. the makers of southpark are geniouses despite the foul language and toilet humor. they usually try to put a real message in each episode.. example "giant (insert hygenic product name here) and turdsandwich" episdode, the moral was quite obvious... sometimes your only choice in an election is between a giant (hygenic product) and a turd sandwich.

QAZ123
03-23-2006, 11:48 AM
They do have good point's and "moral of the story" to every episode. Some are comical and some have meaning.

I just like the way they poke fun at topic's going on in real life.

JB.

BallerX
03-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Scientology is just so damned easy to make fun of. And I think they know deep down that thier religon is pretty damned hoakey. But thier trying to build a belief structure, so they're willing to defend it vehimently.

Pieces of that episode kind reminded me of the scientology episode. Like the "This is actually what the Super Adventure Club believes" text of the screen. I didn't know thats why Isaac Hayes quit though. Interesting...

big_daddy_d
03-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh god that episode was great :D:D:D:D Chef turning into a pedophile, the kids taking him to a strip club and the killing him off.... The line stan said at the end was great though... I had to DVR it...

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 12:18 PM
baller, you are VERY close to the meaning of the episode, basically it says it at the end when kyle is talking at the funeral... At his funeral, Kyle urges South Park residents to remember Chef as he was, before the brainwashing. If there is to be anger, he says, don't direct it at the beloved cafeteria worker.

Rather, says Kyle, "we should be mad at the fruity little club for scrambling his brain." if you dont get that... well then uh... i dont know what to tell you

DFSniper
03-23-2006, 11:43 PM
i knew he quit, but i hadnt heard yet how they were gonna "kill him off", guess they took it literally, lol.

timmyshoota
03-24-2006, 05:29 AM
Isaac Hayes is a hypocrite. He had no problem when they made fun of all the other religions, but as soon as they make fun of Scientology, he goes off about how they should respect other religions. ****ing hypocrite. I hope he knows how retarded he and his religion look now.

durrell
03-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Isaac Hayes is a hypocrite. He had no problem when they made fun of all the other religions, but as soon as they make fun of Scientology, he goes off about how they should respect other religions. ****ing hypocrite. I hope he knows how retarded he and his religion look now.

Word. I've seen way too many episodes of them making fun of various religions, that's bull crap that he would quit over scientology..

claustrophobia9
03-24-2006, 08:01 AM
i know theyve done:
christianity - the one with the garglamechs, christmas poo, red sleigh down, "are you there god, its me jesus", faitth +1
mormons - with the "dumb dumb dumb" song
jews - like every episode, and jewbilee (i desire macaroni pictures and popcorn necklaces)

every1 gets pranked on (even the fans, april fools day they recieved "not without my anus" instead of the answer to who cartman's dad was) so him not being able to handle it is extremely hipocritical... plus that was like one the best episodes of all time (the tom cruise stuck in the closet)

druid
03-24-2006, 08:34 AM
the thing that gets me is...it's OK to make fun of everyone and everything like Kyle's family being Jewish...but insult one of the character's pseudo-religions, well that's just crossing the line. People need to grow up

BallerX
03-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Rather, says Kyle, "we should be mad at the fruity little club for scrambling his brain." if you dont get that... well then uh... i dont know what to tell you

lol... i dont get it...

Heh. I forgot all about the speech at the end. makes sense though.