PDA

View Full Version : sometimes teachers "lie"

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 01:54 PM
well i was talking to a friend and a subject got brought up and i said something that i had heard when i was young from one of my teachers in science class. my friend corrected me and then gave me proof via the internet. i think that we should expell all of these lies that we may have learned when we were little so that we dont make fools of ourselves.

lightning doesn't affect people in a car that is struck because the car acts as a farday cage, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage , not because the tires are rubber.

if your hand is bigger than your face it doesnt mean you have cancer.

... i had one more (the one my friend and i were talking about) but i forgot it, ill post it later.

DyNasty9
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
the toilet drains the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.

^^^^^^ are real teacher told us this was false and then we have a sub the next day and he said it was true???

maximus100389
03-22-2006, 02:59 PM
the toilet drains the oposite direction in the southern hemisphere.

^^^^^^ are really teacher told us this was false and then we have a sub the next day and he said it was true???

that's true

druid
03-22-2006, 03:05 PM
:eyeroll:

NB_Hacker_NB
03-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Flipping a bird doesn't mean you want to have sexual intercourse with someone.:p

*EM1-Master*
03-22-2006, 04:17 PM
the toilet drains the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.

^^^^^^ are real teacher told us this was false and then we have a sub the next day and he said it was true???
It all depends on the design of the toilet. It's not due to the Coriolis Effect, as generally suggested... Tornados and hurricanes do spin the opposite way due to the Coriolis Effect (also the reason hurricanes can't cross the equator), but not toilets...

vikingshadow
03-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh, goody! Another, "Let's crap on teachers because they're the devil and are so perfect and when they screw up it's worse than any other profession in the world because we all know teachers aren't human," thread...:rolleyes:

I had some "Sometimes students "lie" lines but decided to be a bit more tactful.

Going along with the theme of the thread, when I was subing, a history teacher was teaching his class that the concentration camps didn't exist....

ShadowX
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Lol, looks like somebody forgot about Vike being a teacher, Lol.. Your screwed..

marvin-martian
03-22-2006, 05:13 PM
ban him...

Ares
03-22-2006, 05:17 PM
vikes a liar

Drefish99
03-22-2006, 05:22 PM
In honor of my fellow brother moderator being a liar, I mean teacher. I dub the thread closed. Before this gets outa hand...