PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for the 4th?

shunut
07-03-2011, 07:05 PM
I have no plans of going to watch any shows, might check a show out on TV. AZ just legalized fireworks (lame ones, fountains and such), so we got a couple of those and will light them up for my niece and nephew, they should enjoy it. I miss the big stuff I could get when I lived in IL.

VagabondStarJXF
07-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Everyone else is either away or working all day today so I'm probably just gonna do some burgers or steaks on the barbeque and drink some root beer or Mountain Dew (or something :)) while I watch some 80's action movies. I think I'll start with Total Recall. Not much of a plan for the 4th of July, I know, but I am in the UK at the moment so it's not a holiday over here.

marvin-martian
07-04-2011, 06:32 AM
My parents are having people over and I want to...not be here. I'll try and find someone to go out with. Fireworks are up in the air.

TheDarkShadow
07-04-2011, 07:43 AM
eh lame family stuff

shunut
07-04-2011, 09:06 AM
eh lame family stuff

You're in Indiana, you should be out buying thousands of dollars of fireworks and lighting them off. Back when I live in IL we would go to IN or WI every year and spend tons of money on fireworks. We wanted to go to New Mexico and get some real stuff but we ran out of time. Next year we are definitely going out to New Mexico, if only to pick up some mortars and firecrackers.

This is our show one year and its actually one of our smaller shows.

http://shunutcreations.com/images/fireworks1.jpg

http://shunutcreations.com/images/fireworks2.jpg

TheDarkShadow
07-04-2011, 10:39 AM
That is a lot of fireworks lol, my girlfriend actually works at a fireworks store (It claims to be the largest fireworks warehouse in the country) and yeah we're going to shoot off fireworks tonight, we did last night too but nothing that big

shunut
07-04-2011, 02:10 PM
That is a lot of fireworks lol, my girlfriend actually works at a fireworks store (It claims to be the largest fireworks warehouse in the country) and yeah we're going to shoot off fireworks tonight, we did last night too but nothing that big

That year we spent about $5-600 on fireworks. Most we spent was $2500 and everything was "Buy One Get One Free".

marvin-martian
07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
That year we spent about $5-600 on fireworks. Most we spent was $2500 and everything was "Buy One Get One Free".

I wish I was in this type of family haha

shunut
07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I wish I was in this type of family haha

LOL, families. Our families hate it. My buddy and I do it because we love it. Actually, as the story goes, my buddy's dad got us started. Last show we did that he attended, I found him inside watching out the window. They all love to watch, but when we get back from firework shopping, they alway complain that we bought to much. Its been a while since I've been back to IL for the 4th, but my buddy sent me pictures of the assortment he got this year, 4"-6" mortars. I'm hoping to be there next year :D

bamf-hacker
07-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I was camping :)