PDA

View Full Version : New company new marker........

DRAGON
03-22-2006, 04:00 AM
You can't even invest a ton of $$$$ into a marker now days and a few months later something lighter and better comes out. That sure looks like an Ego doesn't it? Rumor has it, $8-900 -

http://media.putfile.com/Legend58

http://www2.upload2.net/photo/ujcYy/11578/vd84nR9q4BL163v/IMG_4892%20(Medium).jpg

shunut
03-22-2006, 04:43 AM
I have an Ego and that looks nothing like it and after watching that video I'm appalled that you would use Ego to describe it. I'm even more stunned that you would say that it was something "better" when talking about that gun. Maybe it was the operator but it didn't impress me one bit, I'd rather buy an Ion. That looks like they took 3-4 different guns and tried to put them together as one. No more info on it other than the pic and the short video?

DRAGON
03-22-2006, 04:52 AM
Hahahahahahaha!!! I knew that would get you goin you ol shoe/Ego nut! Ya those fellas didn't seem to be too gifted at walking. My granny could shoot faster than the first guy lol. The last guy wasn't doing so bad then it cut off. Hey.......I think it looks like an Ego. The name of the company and marker is stated in the vid. I personally whould rather shoot a Spyder than an Ion so we all have our pet peaves and preferences. I'd deffinately rather have one of these than an Ion -

shunut
03-22-2006, 04:57 AM
HAHAHA, I said I would rather have an Ion because I thought it would get others going. I too would rather have a Spyder than an Ion. This site has been so boring lately we need to do something to get it going.

DRAGON
03-22-2006, 05:13 AM
........ This site has been so boring lately we need to do something to get it going.

That may just be in the making but don't tell anyone - ;)

QAZ123
03-22-2006, 06:07 AM
*Run's up bunker's both Dragon and Shunut and run's off laughing hysterically*:D

I think it look's good I'm just wondering what the operation is on the inside.

JB.

ricochet08
03-22-2006, 07:28 AM
*video tapes QAZ bunkering Dragon and Shunut* lol

kinda looks an ego imo....close but no cigar. i don't like cigars n e way :p

chubb0rz
03-22-2006, 07:32 AM
close only counts when your throwing hand grenades...

I think this gun has potentional just needs a better vid and i bet the milling will be a tad different before production.

DRAGON
03-22-2006, 08:05 AM
......... and i bet the milling will be a tad different before production.

I was thinking the same thing. The milling lines of the VA don't match up with the milling lines of the body. I wouldn't expect them to leave it that way for production. It just looks a bit mismatched -

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 08:58 AM
cool, it sounds like every other gun but shoots slower and is made by a company with no credibility, ill definately go out and pick one up for a G. [/blatant sarcasm]

close only counts when your throwing hand grenades...
i dont know how you throw hand grenades, but i try to get them as far away as possible... dont wanna blow up or anything.

chubb0rz
03-22-2006, 09:06 AM
i dont know how you throw hand grenades, but i try to get them as far away as possible... dont wanna blow up or anything.
wow way to miss the point...def. not the sharpest tool in the shed...

It means you dont have to hit your target dead on but there is a certain +/- factor...

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 09:19 AM
wow way to miss the point...def. not the sharpest tool in the shed...

It means you dont have to hit your target dead on but there is a certain +/- factor...
i was jp. my friends laugh on xbox live when i throw a grenade and i totally miss but it still kills the guy and they are watching my screen, now they just do it to hear me say basically what you said.. "its a ****ing grenade, you just get close!" then they say what i said cuz one time some french guy (who knew english) said it... i guess its sort of an inside thing that when people talk about grenades that either i or my friends have to say that...

btw... i get alot of wierd french people when i play shooter games... this one time this guy was trying to insult me and said "i hotdog your mom"

DRAGON
03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
cool, it sounds like every other gun but shoots slower and is made by a company with no credibility, ill definately go out and pick one up for a G. [/blatant sarcasm]

Does Glenn Forrester, ex-Avalanche and Dynasty player sound credible enough to buy from? lol It's his baby {minus sarcasm} - ;)

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Does Glenn Forrester, ex-Avalanche and Dynasty player sound credible enough to buy from? lol It's his baby {minus sarcasm} - ;)
a player knows what they want. an engineer knows how to make it. unless he's an airsmith and an engineer being part of a pro team means nothing when building a gun except knowing WHAT to make it not HOW to make it, and any simple poll could figure out WHAT to make it. so [\lol for you]

and im with shutnut. ion built to your liking > this piece. its just another stacked tube wanna be.

Drefish99
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Hmmmm.... Donno about any of that. I would have to shoot the marker before comparing it with anything else. Anything else if you haven't shot it would be just talking out of your ***.

Here is a vid. http://media.putfile.com/Legend58 Just for more info.

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Here is a vid. http://media.putfile.com/Legend58 Just for more info.
ya, dragon has it at the top(fyi, not me being an *** but this is ->). i dont know who is shooting it but its one of 3 problems i see that are all (save 1) bad problems with a marker.

1. the shooter really sucks. this is the only possibility that the gun is good, but if he sucks why did they make a video.
2. the marker's electronics are poorly programmed.
3. the gun isnt very fast.

thats all im able to tell that is actually about the marker from the video. from the pictures i would say that it looks ugly or poorly planned. and from lack of credibility id say it was poorly planned. thats my opinion of this marker until they give me reason to think its better than something else out there. what makes them so specail? they can make a marker... congrats, if i was a pro player so could i, but does that mean its better than anything else? if there is nothing new but looks then why bother. i want to see something like "is ____ OUNCES/POUNDS/GRAMS lighter than _____" i want real numbers not any of this: "is fast" "is light". thats why i say it sucks.

:)

for reference see muddytaco's vid.

QAZ123
03-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Intimidator- Bob Long been playing forever since the first AM.
Matrix- Dave Youngblood same as Bob Long
Smart Part's- Gardner brother's same as the other too.
Mag's- Tom Kaye same idea one of the first player's
Autococker- Bud Orr made the sniper then turned it into a semi by adding pneumatic's.

Every person I mentioned was a player before they were a producer. The way I look at it is that the player know's how to make what they want but relies on an airsmith/machinist to construct it but I would say only the Matrix and Smart part's were the only one's that relied on them as I know Tom Kaye built his and did the diagram's along so did Bud Orr. Bob Long already had a diagram he just switched it internally.

I still don't have an opinion on this marker until I know what it is internally.

JB

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
bob long redesigned a type that was already being produced by multiple companies.
wgp is having trouble selling markers now-a-days
automag is done.

i really dont see a promising success in those who didnt rely on a machinist.

QAZ123
03-22-2006, 11:25 AM
But the two companies that "are done" went strong for ten year's or more! That's the longest any company has went that hadn't went out of business or get bought out.

JB.

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 11:33 AM
But the two companies that "are done" went strong for ten year's or more! That's the longest any company has went that hadn't went out of business or get bought out.

JB.
they should have hired machinists to make new designs, poeple dont want old style guns that are modded to work like new guns.

im done arguing. the only thing that will sway my decision is more documentation, or a written review that isnt by some junkie fanboy.

QAZ123
03-22-2006, 11:48 AM
But it was fun arguing. I've posted more today than I have in a while!!:D

JB.

chubb0rz
03-22-2006, 12:41 PM
they should have hired machinists to make new designs, poeple dont want old style guns that are modded to work like new guns.
wonder if the people building the Team Claus AMG are going to be using a machinist / airsmith :p

but really, we should wait alil longer before criticize. There have been plenty of great products that were introduced poorly or not at all and became very popular.

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 01:02 PM
wonder if the people building the Team Claus AMG are going to be using a machinist / airsmith :p

i wish

druid
03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
my stock Ion is faster than that....now even faster with the TBoard

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 01:22 PM
my stock Ion is faster than that....now even faster with the TBoard
i know. why would you make a promo vid of someone who cant shoot for beans? it must be the gun imo.

Headshotted
03-22-2006, 01:30 PM
What IS It?

Edit: NEVER Mind. That thing semi Resembles one of the Dangerous Power Fusions.... Seems just as fast too.

marvin-martian
03-22-2006, 01:54 PM
this doesnt looks as good as the other high-end guns it will be competing against. also, cosmeticly, it looks the some as everything else. honestly, im getting tired of all these guns looking exactly like one another.

claustrophobia9
03-22-2006, 01:56 PM
i like the picture though, the fat guy's smirk is great and the guy in the back with rosey cheeks looks like hes in love...

Nader
03-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I just can't wait until someone names their new gun an "emo".
or is that off topic?

I think this new gun can have alot of potential, to either suck, or be awesome, but with promo vids like that, don't think anyone will be drooling over them.

bigred76
03-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Damnit, I miss one of the ****ing biggest arguements that we've had in a while just because I actually did my homework today. What the **** is this?! And Drago, I caught that one.

Back on topic, I like the looks of the gun on first glance. I actually thought it was a PL Ego or something until I took a closer look and read the title of the thread (lol). I opened the vid and since I haven't updated my Media Player in a while was only able to listen to the audio. My verdict: alright trigger work, not too bad. You must remember, these people were probably just picked randomly from the crowd that I can hear in the background. What they might have been trying to show by this is that the marker is able to be fired at about 15bps in (what I believe I heard to be) NPPL mode by almost any random person. Now, since I couldn't see the vid, I couldn't tell you how accurate it was, but I can bet it's probably about the same as any other marker: limited by the quality of the barrel.

I also could not see the amount of kick this marker has, and could not get an accurate measurement until I personally shoot one. Now, I heard a brand name...Infinity. Now, do they have a website to market this new marker of theirs? I did a quick search and on some forum in another language here (http://pbhub.de/forum/paintballpost-155352.html)they have a little bit about it, including (if you scroll down the page) a little schpeil about it. I'd keep going but I need sleep, so I'll let this conversation go on with that little bit more info whilst I take to my bed.

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 03:36 AM
so its "faster" because it is less efficient? thats what it sounds like. the guy put a spring in front of the ram so air AND the spring return it. but only air pushes it from the back, since the air pushes against the back it will take more air to push it at a normal speed, meaning that its back time is faster but forward time sucks, making it no faster from what i understand. all i saw in the second schpeil was 50 bps but could only robot 23... get a faster loader...

DRAGON
03-23-2006, 03:36 AM
A few typ-o's but more schtuff: ;)

http://www.warpedsportzla.com/marketing/PBNATION/LEGEND.jpg

Clause, take a Midol and call me in the morning. You're doing nothing but drawing attention to yourself in multiple forums here. Watch your step - :rolleyes:

durrell
03-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Meh I saw it over on PBN and it still doesn't do anything for me..

QAZ123
03-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Hmmm.

Electropneumtic
No low pressure regulator

Wondering what psi it runs at.

JB.

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 09:02 AM
omfg their valve can do 100cps.... lol if no gun cant get close to that why does it matter.

the only thing that intrests me is the WAS board... which is it using. WAS programs well, so i have no idea why it was so slow.

and im (#19 on the list) glad to see that the snatch grip cares, cuz i dont...

#8 is asking for smartparts to sue them... even though it really isnt something specail, it will be in court.

DRAGON
03-23-2006, 09:05 AM
It has a reg lol. I tinks they're trying to say it's not a large one. I beleive they come equipped w/a CP if I'm not mistaken. Ya whoever typed that out certainly didn't major in English or know how to use spell check for that matter lol -

bigred76
03-23-2006, 10:44 AM
*hits head repeatedly against the computer* Claus, I just said they shot it in NPPL mode. That is 15bps capped semi-automatic mode. DUR. Gah, some people....

I think what they mean is that it has no LPR, and takes a direct input of pressure from the inline regulator. It's sorta like an Autococker design, I think. They have a very low dwell, but the pressure coming out of the valve is high to make up for it, reducing cycling times and thus making it able to acheive a higher BPS.

The solenoid that operates this system is aparently one that can take higher pressures, so I might just be right about the LPR not being there. Hmmm.....It should be interesting to see whn this marker does come out. It seems like a very innovative design and I think it should go over well with most paintball consumers so long as quality control is good.

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 12:11 PM
*hits head repeatedly against the computer* Claus, I just said they shot it in NPPL mode. That is 15bps capped semi-automatic mode. DUR. Gah, some people....
i definately wasn't hearing anything close to 15bps in that vid, i heard like 10bps consistantly, 15 on a high note.

durrell
03-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Since you can analyze BPS in your head..:dodgy:

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Since you can analyze BPS in your head..:dodgy:
whether i can or not is irrelevant at this point wouldn't you say?

Drefish99
03-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Clause, take a Midol and call me in the morning. You're doing nothing but drawing attention to yourself in multiple forums here. Watch your step - :rolleyes:

Ok. If you missed this then I will help a fellow moderator out and post it again.
My basis is this is It seems in this thread you are doing nothing but bashing on a marker without even firing it or even reading any as you call "Documentation" Ok yes they are hyping it up a lot... Yes they slipped on their ads and yes they didn't produce a well made video. In fact it isn't even a video that they are calling their own. It was a video that someone just happened to have made and made it on the net. Your insensitivity towards what others posting their opinions about this marker are really uncalled for in my opnion. I don't see any members bashing you when you post stuff that Smart Parts chooses to hype up. Give the marker a chance. I'm done.

Headshotted
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
http://www.dangerouspower.com/ No God Dang Dodgy. Looks WAYY Too Alike.

thechubbss12
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Hardcore gun collectors will probibly eat these things up then it will probibly die. But if you buy one then you probibly have a OK rare marker.

claustrophobia9
03-23-2006, 06:37 PM
my bad dre, didnt mean to be an *** and waste my breath... on something so simple, im just a lil stressed from exams and stuff, so ill just sumarize all my negativity into what i meant to say in a calm manner. here it is:

shens.

im done

romntictragedy
03-23-2006, 07:28 PM
i dunno about this thing it looks alright i guess but the guy couldnt walk but they were prolly pulling randoms from thew crowd like someone already has said but still it jsut seems like a bunch of ripped off ideas from other companies thrown into a gun. yeah its new but its jsut alot of stuff thrown together it seems. maybe if they drop the price to like 550 id think about it just for the fact they are new and who spends 900 bux on something noone has used before i know i surely wouldnt unless it was from a respectible company

TheRedBarron
03-24-2006, 09:31 AM
my bad dre, didnt mean to be an *** and waste my breath... on something so simple, im just a lil stressed from exams and stuff, so ill just sumarize all my negativity into what i meant to say in a calm manner. here it is:

shens.

im done

Shens on what? Because that is the real marker in that vid (not the the companies vid but nonetheless...) The ads are real, I guess I don't understand the shens thing at this point personally I think you are still nitpicking to either A. draw attention to yourself, or B. Because you are seriously stressed out and feel like taking it out on a company that none of us have given a chance yet.

claustrophobia9
03-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Shens on what? Because that is the real marker in that vid (not the the companies vid but nonetheless...) The ads are real, I guess I don't understand the shens thing at this point personally I think you are still nitpicking to either A. draw attention to yourself, or B. Because you are seriously stressed out and feel like taking it out on a company that none of us have given a chance yet.
shens on the fact that its as good as they are tying to make it out.

bigred76
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
im done
Well, now I know to not hope for so much. :rolleyes:

I actually would love to try this marker out. Until then, everything I say is speculation. And I hate speculating. :o

Drefish99
04-06-2006, 06:58 PM
New Vid - http://www.infinitypaintballproducts.com/video/LegendSpeed.wmv

claustrophobia9
05-05-2006, 01:47 PM
ok ya, its an old thread, but i thought id bring up the fact that the page doesnt open now. seems to me like it never made it. FEP im waiting for a review on, and that dangerous power gun is garbage, the guy wouldnt even email me when i questioned his knowlege of what ACE was because he wrote "ace eyes" the webpage.

just thought it all needed a follow up