PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Player XBox 360 Games

shunut
05-07-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm looking for a new multiplayer XBox 360 game, either a FPS or maybe a racing game. By multiplayer, I mean multiplayer on the same machine. The past couple months my brother-in-law and I have been player Black Ops and Borderlands, but we have almost maxed out on both of those so we need something new. We tried Army of 2, and did not like it at all. We have been looking at games but all seem to be 1 player. Post up your suggestions.

marvin-martian
05-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Racing - Forza, Hot Pursuit

FPS - Portal 2

Other - Outland, Mortal Kombat

bigred76
05-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Modern Warfare 2. Much better than Black Opaque, and the campaign is absolutely riveting if you played the original.

UKwithPride
05-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is actually pretty fun lol.

shunut
05-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Racing - Forza, Hot Pursuit

We were looking at Forza and Hot Pursuit last night, both were only 1 player.

I'll check out the other games.

marvin-martian
05-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I could have sworn at least Hot Pursuit would have had split screen support, but I just read up on it and...wtf

durrell
05-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Split Second is a ridiculously fun multiplayer racing game.

DFSniper
05-07-2011, 08:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brink_%28video_game%29

brink looks interesting. not sure if co-op is online only though.

shunut
05-08-2011, 05:27 AM
We were looking at Brink too, but it is only 1 player per machine. Its looking more and more like we need to have 2 machines.

Talon
05-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Always is Halo, not sure if gears of war is muitplayer. but look into it.

marvin-martian
05-08-2011, 08:12 AM
This is depressing. Split screen gaming seems to be going away =[[[

leed
05-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Portal 2 is Split-screen Co-Op.

Here: Just "Find: Split" And you'll find all the Co-op Xbox 360 games that have split screen co-ops.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cooperative_games_for_the_Xbox_360

GOW does have split-screen co-op.

BTW, ODST is very good for a Co-Op, but really only has about 12 hours of gameplay time to 'beat' the game. And Left 4 Dead 2 is good as well, but I find it more enjoyable on PC than on Xbox.

DFSniper
05-08-2011, 12:29 PM
12 hours is 4 more than 99% of games today.

i really enjoyed ODST's campaign mode.

durrell
05-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Portal 2 took me about 10 or 11 hours. Add in the co-op and it's probably closer to 15 or so. Great game.

leed
05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
12 hours is 4 more than 99% of games today.

i really enjoyed ODST's campaign mode.

Maybe so, Iono. Most of the games I've been playing are 20+ Hours to beat (not doing all the sidequests). But these are mostly 1 player games, like Red Dead Redemption, GTA4, Forza 3, Fallout 3, etc. I played COD4 and MW2 a lot before, but when I got Black-Ops, I just gave up on it (the multiplayer, and the campaign was too boring to do twice).

I plan on getting Portal 2 soon, as I thoroughly enjoyed Portal (on Xbox and PC).

Hoppy11
05-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Gears of War is co-op too and is quite fun. My friend and I play it co-op quite often.

bamf-hacker
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Greg Hastings tournament paintball 2 :)

fatkidfrompbaz
05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Portal 2 was fun took me two day of six hours each. Liked the ending though.

leed
05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Portal 2 was fun took me two day of six hours each. Liked the ending though.

My friend finally bought us Portal 2. I have played a fair amount (mostly co-op) today, but the Single-Player is kind of "eh" for me. I'm not very far into it though. I enjoyed the first one a lot, this one is kind of cheesy (but it works), though the new 'testing technologies' are cool.

WhatThaSmurf
05-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Hmm, finally something I can get down on, video games.

You say you liked Borderlands and Black Ops. Well there really isn't anything like Borderlands. Brink was supposed to be, but fell short. I know people who like it, but they openly admit it is a bad game even if they can have some fun. I've already sold it. But since Brink fell through, RAGE is the next game of that co-op nature on the horizon. I'd suggest Battlefield: Bad Company 2, at least until Battlefield 3 comes out. The Battlefield is the first thing that stands a great chance of bumping CoD out of the top spot for multiplayer shooters.

Portal 2 is a very fun co-op experience, but honestly the single player is so much better I have a hard time with co-op in that game.

Most racing games have splitscreen. Forza 3 does, I've played it many times. And honestly Forza is the new GT in my opinion. I always loved the GT series on PS2, but Forza has stolen the spotlight, especially with Forza 4 coming up it might be good to get used to the slightly different style offered by Forza before its release. And I guarantee that if you pick up Forza 3, you will stumble into car customization and lose hours of your life designing your own custom decals and paint jobs.

Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur 4 for fighters, but both are absolutely infuriating for random online matches. The people who prowl fighters are always annoying good, so if you have friends to play locally or online with, that is far more fun.

There is always Halo. Honestly, it is a 50/50 shot if you would like Halo 3 or Reach more, but both are certainly good games.

Crysis 2 offers some fun multiplayer as well, but no co-op. I would go with Bad Company 2 before Crysis though.

leed
05-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Most racing games have splitscreen. Forza 3 does, I've played it many times. And honestly Forza is the new GT in my opinion. I always loved the GT series on PS2, but Forza has stolen the spotlight, especially with Forza 4 coming up it might be good to get used to the slightly different style offered by Forza before its release. And I guarantee that if you pick up Forza 3, you will stumble into car customization and lose hours of your life designing your own custom decals and paint jobs.

I disagree with this for one main reason. Two different platforms. They aren't really competing with each other since they are on two different systems. I will say this, though, GT5 is damn good. Forza 3 is also damn good. I think that Gran Turismo is still more versatile with it's different racing series' adaptations. However, I have not really read much about F4, and think that the Kinect integration is pretty neat, and smooth.

This + the race I went to this weekend makes me want to play Forza 3 right now..

WhatThaSmurf
05-15-2011, 09:57 PM
See, I was less impressed by GT5 from what I played. It felt like GT4 with a pretty new paint job, while Forza 3 grabbed me right from the start as something I liked. A little less sim, a little more arcade, but definitely not an arcade style racer. And then the customization.... drool.

I just love my first outing with the customization. Scizor Skyline FTMFW!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/WhatThaSmurf/Forza%203/ScizorSkyline11.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/WhatThaSmurf/Forza%203/ScizorSkyline2.jpg

Simple and beautiful, plus I made the Scizor decals myself.

shunut
05-16-2011, 07:24 AM
We picked up Forza 3 and Gears of War combo pack.

WhatThaSmurf
05-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I may ahve to get back into Forza now. At the very least to do some more custom decals.

I challenge you all to making the best custom Kingman/Spyder car!

leed
05-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I may ahve to get back into Forza now. At the very least to do some more custom decals.

I challenge you all to making the best custom Kingman/Spyder car!

Challenge accepted. Though I'm not any good at the Forza 3 graphics editor..