PDA

View Full Version : After a 9 year hiatus I'm back in the game.

Capt. Insaino
04-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Hello, yes I am new.

I haven't played this game in 9 years, and I still have my Spyder Compact from 1998 and it still shoots very good. It is the only gun I have ever owned.

MAN how things have changed!!
I have been doing a lot of reading trying to get caught up on whats new and what things like "HPA" means. The new barrels, paint, and the science that has evolved since I stopped playing is amazing!

You will usually find me on boards such as LS1tech and various other car sites. That is what has taken me away from paintball, but I want to get back in it as a recreational player.

marvin-martian
04-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh man, welcome back! I still have a Compact in a drawer actually haha. Great little marker.

Despite this site being a little slow, many of us here call it home. Many have left the sport, but still hang around (myself included), and others are still kicking. Most everyone here knows their stuff and is at the very least moderately friendly.

Yes, much has changed but the fundamentals seem to still all be there.

Capt. Insaino
04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Why would you say many has left the sport? Is it dying?

fatkidfrompbaz
04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Welcome back to the game!!!

I think what marv meant was that some of the members here don't play anymore. As for the sport dying, in my opinion (unless in AZ), it is not dyng but the sport has changed over the years.

bamf-hacker
04-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome back. We haven't all stopped playing :) Some of play a few times a year :dodgy:

Anyone going to Sherwood this weekend?

vikingshadow
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
is at the very least moderately friendly.

Wait? When did this happen? No, no, no, no, NO! Why wasn't I informed of this? What a load of crap!

Look, if the rules are going to change, I have to be told these things...how else will I know to stock the pill cabinet? Sheesh! It's a serious job here and I need to know. Where are the thong boys at? I need to take this out on someone...

:p Welcome and make yourself at home (but not in my chair). I'm old and it's got my hemorrhoid cushion on it - and NO ONE touches the cushion...it's pretty gross...

I haven't played in three years, and things have changed A LOT since just then. I need to start back up again. Anyone find any 100 dollar bills laying around? I had 3 or 4 of them in here the other day...

leed
04-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Ah yes.. The cushion.

I haven't played in almost 3 years now, but I put a lot more money into it than it seems you may have, haha. I do, however, still have my TL+/Shutter/Bolt Action laying around somewhere.. As well as my Protege. It's too bad. Oh well, go hit the fields!

DFSniper
04-27-2011, 07:51 AM
i played opening day last year, that was it. with work, school, and now living on my own, i cant afford to go out and do fun things :( i was hoping to get out at least once this year, but theyre tearing down the field and moving it to a new location.

Capt. Insaino
04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
I guess I am old as well. I realized I stopped playing when I was 28. I'm now 39. So I guess it was a 11 year hiatus. lol

I admit I am excited to get back out in the fields!

marvin-martian
04-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Was speedball a thing when you left?

Capt. Insaino
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Actually we played a few times back in the day. I was surprised at how much fun it was.

dizzy
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I haven't played in about a year and I miss it. I can't imagine how it would feel to be away for 11 years lmao.

But I do see how it could happen when cars take over our lives haha. I know most of my money is going to my Stang :P

TheDarkShadow
04-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I played last fall and before that it was may of 2009 before that so other than last fall it will have been 2 years since I've played. I was a little obsessed for a while, now I pretty much accept the fact that I may not play for a long time now.

Capt. Insaino
04-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Yes I was very obsessed as well. I played literally every weekend. That probably played a part in me getting divorced! lol Now I just need to make time for paintball and my car!

Lawpass
04-28-2011, 06:01 AM
What the heck people, get out there and play!
I played in the mid 90's a few times and loved it, but never really had the funds to play. I forgot all about it until 3 years ago when an addicted friend addicted me and I can't see stopping now. But I can see how you guys could walk away from a year, now that I'm balancing a family and work, I have to carefully plan more than a month in advance to be able to go.

TheDarkShadow
04-28-2011, 06:36 AM
first problem I had when I first started playing was funds and I couldnt drive but I lover playing. Then once I could drive I had to pay for gas and it was hard to get people together to go play and then I started working Saturdays and thats when playing became difficult. Then between work, school, and a girlfriend there was no time to play. and now I'm a broke college student with other priorities

vikingshadow
04-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Yes I was very obsessed as well. I played literally every weekend. That probably played a part in me getting divorced! lol Now I just need to make time for paintball and my car!

Probably played a big part in my divorce as well...now I just don't have the money, and don't want to drive 150 miles to get to a field.

Capt. Insaino
04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
I just realized my gun is a Spyder One... not a compact.

Lawpass
04-30-2011, 07:41 AM
I just realized my gun is a Spyder One... not a compact.

This entire thread is now invalid :)