PDA

View Full Version : Bob long markers

Griff
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
What is your preferred Bob long marker and why, what separates it from the others? Friend looking to get a Defian Intimidatort, thanks Sorry red.

bigred76
03-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Defiant II. Intimidator. Not "defient" or "intimidor." Also, "preferred," separates," and "friend." Please, for my sanity, double check your spelling before posting. I can ignore the grammatical mistakes, but the spelling is getting my goat.

Defiant II's are utter crap. Anything Gen3 or above will perform well, as will anything from the Gen2/1 range if you don't mind a bit more weight and a frame that's not as comfortable (IMO). There is also the Marq series (pronounced like "Mark"), which includes the Marq6, Marq7, Rapper, Closer, Victory, etc. The lower end Marq's are in the same price range as a Gen3/4, and sometimes even a Gen5.

You must use DOW55 with any BL marker, and they can be extremely finicky if you do not read the manual and just do whatever you want with them. They are solid performers until they break down, but when they do they are nightmares. BLAST (that's BL's tech support) is absolutely incredible and is most likely the best warranty care center in all of paintball. They do not charge for a standard warranty repair usually, but if they find even a hint of teflon tape they will smack you with the price gun faster than you can yell "not my wallet!"

DFSniper
03-10-2011, 07:38 AM
i like my ripper 2 just because i built it the way i like it, and being the lightest of the gen3s, it sits really comfortably.

big_daddy_d
04-03-2011, 05:23 PM
I love my ripper 2.5 over any other BL marker I've owned which have included aliases, 2k2's, defiants...

vikingshadow
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Love the looks of the BL guns, but they aren't my favorite of the genre. However, I prefer the old classics if I had to choose...

xsvly-fat
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
I love my ripper 2.5 over any other BL marker I've owned which have included aliases, 2k2's, defiants...This.
When I did play I pretty much only used Bob Long. They are good on air, fast, no kick, cheap, and reliable, plus they look really good.

SparkyGT
04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
my fave is my ripper3, very tight and light, next is my dust alias and ripper 2

xsvly-fat
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
I've never got to shoot a Ripper3 :(

DFSniper
04-29-2011, 04:34 PM
gen4s have the most mixed opinions out of any bob long other than the D2. theyre either love em or hate em guns, theres no middle ground.

big_daddy_d
08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh I love my supercharged closer