PDA

View Full Version : eyes

Sandman_Bravo
03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I picked up a Lucky board from the UK on e-bay. It came with eyes. I just finished drilling the holes for the eyes, plugged into the board, & the wires aren't long enough to reach the holes. wtf? Has anyone else had this issue? I don't know if I should splice in a section of wire or just buy new eyes. For the hassle it would be (break-beam=4wires/8 splices) maybe I should drop the $$ for eyes with longer leads?

BTW- Spyder Pilot acs LP modded
[also posted query on PBN]

Talon
03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Never had that problem before, but what I would do before drop money for new eye wires is contact the company that makes them. They will probably tell you that you gotta buy eye wires. Before you do that I would try to splice the wires and see if it works.

DRAGON
03-08-2011, 08:55 PM
....... what I would do before drop money for new eye wires is contact the company that makes them............

They've been out of business for a few years now - ;)

Sandman_Bravo
03-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm gonna try and solder a piece of wire in each (using cat5 strands) then shrink tube it. If that fails; scenario dreams carries spyder eyes and Sundragon may as well.

Talon
03-09-2011, 02:14 PM
They've been out of business for a few years now - ;)

See how much I pay attention

Sandman_Bravo
03-10-2011, 02:28 AM
See how much I pay attention

what? I was distracted.... :dodgy:

Sandman_Bravo
03-12-2011, 03:35 PM
So the project was an epic fail. After spending countless hours drilling, tapping, dremmeling, filing, and pulling my hair out; I reassembled the marker. The eyes dont see/recognize the ball because the paintballs roll back in the breech against the bolt which places them approximately a quarter inch away from the eyes. The eyes are basically centered on the feedtube as they are on the drill template and at the bottom of the breech. My drill hole actually made a groove in the bottom of the breech. I don't really know where I'll go from here.

bigred76
03-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Get some condom style balloons, you know, those long skinny ones that those people that make balloon animals use. Stick one inside the breech with nothing else on the body and blow it up. Insert JB Weld into the holes and let sit. Try again, 1/4" further back and about 1/8 of the way up on the breech.