PDA

View Full Version : Recomend Me a HPA Tank!!

Paintballwake
01-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I have a spyder electra and i want a HPA tank (Please dont recomend CO2 this Thead is just for Recomend a HPA tank and the reason why you do Thanks)

My budget is 170 bucks... :D

TheDarkShadow
01-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Most people would always recommend upgrading to HPA. most people like 68/4500 tanks. you want to get a high pressure tank, you can pretty much pick any that you like. a lot of people like CP, Crossfire, and Ninja tanks

bigred76
01-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Pure Energy 70/4500 or Ninja 68/4500 used with three years left on hydro for about $100. Make sure to buy used with pictures of the DOT code, the top of the bonnet, and of the tank itself... and via PayPal payment for goods. Make sure that the tank looks good without any major scratches, the bonnet isn't dinged, and run the DOT code to ensure it is a 5 year hydro cycle. You can get a great tank for a great deal if you follow those steps.

Paintballwake
01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
and what about:http://www.ansgear.com/Draxxus_Paintball_Tank_Kit_p/ansdxstankkit.htm

with the Ninja SPL
????

bigred76
02-01-2011, 01:26 AM
No. Do not get anything that has "LP" in it's name. That is a SUPER LP reg, meaning it puts out 300psi. Chances are all it'd do with your marker is make it hiccup. Now, if you had an Ion, Timmy, DM, etc, it would work. But you don't, so just get a used tank like I previously suggested. Having new stuff is nice up until you take it out of the packaging and realize you just lost $75 by doing so. My 70/45 PMI R3 was $100 shipped to my doorstep, 4yrs left on hydro, never been used on a field.You can and do find amazing deals on tanks in PBN's B/S/T section, just follow my aforementioned post's rules to buying a tank. If you are under 18, getting your parents involved in the decision might be a good idea as well.

Muddytaco
02-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Get a ninja tank and call it good. It can be switched from HP to LP and its user rebuildable if something should happen.

I currently have a ninja 45/45 and ninja 68/4500 and both work great. 45/45 is alot lighter, if your looking to stay light and have a air station near by after every game I would pick up a 45/45.

Length difference between ninja 45/45, ninja 68/45 and crossfire 68/45 (ended up selling crossfire to brother in law):
http://www.dliveleyphotography.com/photos/1045714978_cyX9f-XL.jpg

bigred76
02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
A note, the SLP is not like the standard Ninja regulators. You need at least 500psi output.

shunut
02-02-2011, 03:56 AM
If I was getting a new tank right now, I'd get a Ninja as well.

Arias
02-03-2011, 11:01 AM
HPA Tanks all come down to personal preference, the major difference would be the regulators. If you want to support your country go with the Ninja as it is an American made product. You will be contributing to the local economy. As bigred mentioned earlier do not buy a low pressure tank unless you have an Angel or a marker which requires the use of a low pressure hpa tank. Other than this it would all come down to looks. Ansgear.com has a sale on DXS tanks with your choice of regulator. Check it out you could save some money.

bigred76
02-04-2011, 12:09 AM
HPA Tanks all come down to personal preference, the major difference would be the regulators. If you want to support your country go with the Ninja as it is an American made product. You will be contributing to the local economy. As bigred mentioned earlier do not buy a low pressure tank unless you have an Angel or a marker which requires the use of a low pressure hpa tank. Other than this it would all come down to looks. Ansgear.com has a sale on DXS tanks with your choice of regulator. Check it out you could save some money.

Angels do not require a low pressure tank. All you have to do is flip the bevelle springs one at a time until you can get it down to velocity. My Cobra G7 and Butterknife LCD only needed one spring flipped each.

Arias
02-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Angels do not require a low pressure tank. All you have to do is flip the bevelle springs one at a time until you can get it down to velocity. My Cobra G7 and Butterknife LCD only needed one spring flipped each.

I thought the only way was swapping out the regulator. Nice to learn something new. I know the ARK operates on both high and low pressure. I think their going this route with all the newer models. I kinda like the ARK but not the pricetag... I wish my Tippmanns were as efficient as Angels.

bigred76
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
They are, lol. My Cobra gets enough out if my 68/45 to last just a few games (and I don't shoot a lot... at all). A standard player would go through 4-5 pods and a hopper before they run out of air. Possibly more, but I don't like not having velocity. Anything newer than an 05 Speed is designed for HP.

bamf-hacker
02-22-2011, 04:43 AM
I am not tank specific, but I do love my Ninja regs. I have them on all my tanks. If you look Online you can find some good deals.