PDA

View Full Version : air leak down barrel (MR2)

august burns red
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum, and while I have been playing paintball more then once, I'm a total dunce when it come to maintaning or replacing parts on a marker. Every time I hook up CO2 to my MR2, I hear air hiss out the barrel. its not loud or coming out in large amounts, but its still leaking quite a bit. I tried replacing the cup seal and the stricker O- ring like the intructions say to do, and have even oiled up my marker, but the air still leaks from the barrel. Is there a way to fix this?
if nobody knows, is there anyplace where somebody can fix it for me?
any help would mean a lot.:)

slim and shady
01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
If you changed the cup seal and oiled it and it still leaks chances are you have a nick or bur on the valve where the cup seal sits. Does it hiss when the marker is cocked? Any proshop can fix it.

august burns red
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
yes, it hisses when its cocked, but not as loudley

august burns red
01-13-2011, 06:18 PM
ok, i thinks its the valve body. how do I remove it? i can see it when i removed the cup seal, but dont know how to get it out

bigred76
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Try this first: cock it, put two drops of oil in the ASA, and gas it up fire it a few times (4-5) without a barrel or hopper in a SAFE direction. See if your leak is gone.

Talon
01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Sounds like the valve body to me.

slim and shady
01-15-2011, 09:55 PM
I use a special compound (tho I still dont know the name) that is ment for the perpose of removing improfections on the valve. It's an oily sand you place on a round glass and do figure 8's with the valve. I would just take it to your local proshop, they will fix it up in short order.

Ace24
02-12-2011, 07:50 PM
To remove the valve, you take out the brass screw at the base of the gun. Once that is removed, take out the striker and the front cap. You should be able to push it out with something long. Just be sure not to damage it or scratch the inside of the lower tube. Pay attention to the way it comes out because that's the way you'll need to put it back. Also, be sure to use Dow on the valve o-rings and not "gun oil."