PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolution

Hoppy11
01-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Alright everyone the New Years has come and gone with that all hype leading up to the last tick of the clock and then realizing that you just spent all this money on food and drinks to feel exactly the same in the new year... What is everyone's resolution this year?

TheDarkShadow
01-07-2011, 07:20 AM
drink more water and less crap. and run atleast a little bit everyday

Arias
01-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I promised myself I will not describe inappropriate items as “ribbed for her pleasure”

2005modxtra
01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
the age old weight loss last 3 yrs in sales has piled the weight on my once athletic frame. sliding behind bunkers was difficult last year, but no more i have seeked out p90-x to help. my goal is to just stick with p90-x and eat right.

DRAGON
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Resolutions are just a bandaid for those who procrastinate. If there are things you want to do to better yourself, you should just do them as opposed to using a plastic declaration as means of testing your will power only once a year. Not to say I don't procrastinate alot but, just saying - :D

Obviously I have no resolution(s) at this time. Oh wait! I do have one; I'll try very hard not to cash in my chips this year. Sounds easy enough doesn't it? Sometimes things are tougher than you might expect - :tonofbricks:

DFSniper
01-07-2011, 06:38 PM
i think Doc Nickel summed it up best:

http://the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1315.gif

Team Ramrod
01-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Not really resolutions as I've been keeping with the regimen for the past couple months, but I'm going to keep cutting all the sugar from my diet and stop drinking coke. I've also gor a 6day hike through the Grand Canyon this April so it's kind of a 'resolution' to start and maintain my training for that trip.

RSX99
01-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Stop sexing the wife.

durrell
01-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Stop sexing the wife.

Why would you do that?

My resolution is to sex the wife more.

shunut
01-09-2011, 06:59 AM
I don't make New Years' Resolutions, just another thing to be disappointed if I can't make it happen.

vikingshadow
01-09-2011, 07:58 AM
I have New Year Suggestions - not Resolutions, haha. I suggest to myself that there are things I should and probably should be doing. That way, the ones that actually get done are the suggestions I agreed with and took.

Arias
01-10-2011, 03:32 AM
Making the resolutions are easyĖmaking them stick? Not so much. Here are 10 tips to help you keep your resolutions:

1. Write it down. Putting pen to paper is a great way to clarify what it is you want to accomplish. You can use a journal or just write a sentence on an index card that you tape to your mirror.

2. Manage expectations. Itís OK to break your resolution in the first week, you just have to be willing to get back on the horse. For many, January just isnít the right time. Start fresh in March, or June.

3. Get a buddy to do it with you. Everyone knows itís easier to do things with a partnerĖgrab a friend or family member and work on your resolutions together.

4. Revisit it. Youíre going to have to review and revise your goals as you go throughout the year.

5. Be SMART. Rather than just toss off a non-specific resolution, set a SMART goal. These goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely. If your goals have measurable and specific ends, youíll meet them more easily.

6. Donít remove, add. Replace bad habits with good ones. Framing your resolution positively will make you more likely to want to meet it!

7. Make it public. Tell people what youíre up to, youíll be more likely to stick to it.

8. Stick to a schedule. If you plan to exercise more, for instance, build no less than three workouts into your calendar at a time when you know youíll be able to actually do it.

9. Create a vision board. It might sound hokey, but having a visual representation of your goals can really help! Cut out images and phrases from magazines, write out your favorite inspiring quote, grab some photos. Place them all on a poster or corkboard and keep them in plain view.

10. Celebrate! The joy in resolutions is in the journey. Accept that this will be an ongoing process and celebrate yourself and your unique experiences. And if you donít quite get there, thereís always 2012!

xsvly-fat
01-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Pass all my class, stop eating fast food, get more into photography, and save up enough for a WRX. I wasn't going to do a New Years Resolution but I decided to just try haha.