PDA

View Full Version : Something went wrong...

MYNEWMR2
12-31-2010, 06:50 AM
SO after a day of paintballing yesterday, I went to remove my remote line. I turned off the valve where the coil connects to my HPA tank. The ref wouldn't let me fire off what remained in the line, so I opened the slide check to bleed out the air. Something went wrong, and the tank kept spraying out air. SO while my hose flailed all over the place and 40 people watched and laughed, I removed the line from my tank. Once the line was off, the tank kept spraying. not out of the top, but a hole in the side of the valve... The ref told me I was stupid, then said I should have closed the valve and bled it out of the slide check, which I tried to do. He said it might be an o-ring... Any ideas what happened/ what the repair would be? I think I'm gonna take it to my local proshop.

Arias
12-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Sounds like a burst disk blew. Check if the burst disks are loose or take it to your local shop or wherever you get you tank filled and tell the person to fill it slowly, if a burst disk is blown it will leak almost instantly.

MYNEWMR2
12-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Sounds like a burst disk blew. Check if the burst disks are loose or take it to your local shop or wherever you get you tank filled and tell the person to fill it slowly, if a burst disk is blown it will leak almost instantly.

Thanks. If it is indeed a burst disk, is that a hard or expensive fix?

oldironmudder
12-31-2010, 09:02 AM
If it was the burst disk, simply unscrewing it & putting another in is all you do.

The ref, doesnt need to be working there anymore. Letting a player do something that runs the risk of hurting someone & he does noting but call you stupid, the hell with him.

Arias
12-31-2010, 09:32 AM
If it was the burst disk, simply unscrewing it & putting another in is all you do.

The ref, doesnt need to be working there anymore. Letting a player do something that runs the risk of hurting someone & he does noting but call you stupid, the hell with him.

I agree the ref is a total idiot. People like him ruin the sport. He's not worthy of reffing if he does not practice safety first.

Arias
12-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks. If it is indeed a burst disk, is that a hard or expensive fix?

It's a fairly cheap and inexpensive repair. The burst disk have a number on them make sure you buy the exact one. All you do is screw out the bad one and screw in the new one. It's that simple. Ebay has them dirt cheap. Unless you want a direct factory replacement that can cost around four to six dollars each.

MYNEWMR2
12-31-2010, 01:39 PM

Ya the ref was pretty bad. He didn't do squat in the way of reffing, all he did was show off about his job and how at work "I've been shot, stabbed, and hit by a car." He also (in front of a bunch of little kids) cussed his head off, and showed off about how chewing tobacco was the best thing ever.

bigred76
12-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Complain to the management of that field, and refer to the ref's behavior as inappropriate for the age group he was in charge of and highly unprofessional.

DFSniper
12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Complain to the management of that field, and refer to the ref's behavior as inappropriate for the age group he was in charge of and highly unprofessional.

:stupid:

bigred76
12-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh, and the unprofessional part is the base. Field owners NEVER, EVER want to hear that about their staff, but if it is true, then your opinion will bear more weight.

vikingshadow
12-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Sounds to me that he may be on the "field team" and likes the feel of the "power" of being the "local pro" lol...

Definitely report him. He's gonna get someone hurt sometime...

MYNEWMR2
01-01-2011, 08:21 AM

Yeah you are probably right. I will next time... I don't think he will be coming back though... His job that he was bragging about is taking him to South America.

Oh, and the unprofessional part is the base. Field owners NEVER, EVER want to hear that about their staff, but if it is true, then your opinion will bear more weight.

Yes, and knowing this field owner, he would mow the guy's head off with the AK he is rumored to have behind the counter... On a good day, the owner is ok at best. Tick him off and he will go insane. My friend used the wrong air tank or nozzle (wrong something) to fill his HPA and the owner flipped out it was fun to watch. :D

And comparing his reffing job to the other field around here: He would just watch. That particular field can never seem to keep their refs very long... The other field's ref's would run over to you, yell "LET HIM OUT LET HIM OUT" and do more n the way of reffing overall... Thing is, "bad ref field" has much better courses/fields whatever u wanna call it than "good ref field."