PDA

View Full Version : What Dex the Mex does besides Mowing faces.

DexGtr
03-21-2006, 08:42 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/DexGtr/DSC03124.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/DexGtr/DSC03165.jpg

YEAH!!!! :peace: :peace:

bigred76
03-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Sweet! How well did you guys do?

DexGtr
03-21-2006, 09:00 AM
one of the judges had a beef with my vocalists....gaves us a 66 where the other 3 judges gaves us 92,92, and 87 LOL. It was for our church so the object was not to win, and it was fun coz it was the bassists first gig.

Had a great time..especially when our vocalist came up from stage wearing a robe and gloves (complete with bodyguards pushing the crowd) and us playing "Eye of the tiger" LOL

DFSniper
03-21-2006, 09:13 AM
not only does Dex mow faces, he also rocks socks, er, um, ears!

~shocktheman~
03-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Eye of the Tiger? What a pimp.....
Just had a friend win the battle of the bands at his highschool actually, they played The One--Metallica....Totally "M"azing

DFSniper
03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
my friends gonna teach me how to play once his 2nd guitar comes in.

DexGtr
03-21-2006, 11:49 AM
my friends gonna teach me how to play once his 2nd guitar comes in.

cool...i've dismantled that guitar in that pic...getting ready to refinish it in sparkly GOLD!

03TiburonGT
03-21-2006, 03:04 PM
cool...i've dismantled that guitar in that pic...getting ready to dremel the hell out of it

Fixed :D

DRAGON
03-21-2006, 03:17 PM
One of these days imma quit procrastinating and host some tunes that I wrote the music and lyrics to about 5 years ago, did all of the vocals, instrumentals and mixed. I have some of them on a CD I recorded but never downloaded anything from a CD to my PC before. I can't just download to a site straight off the CD from what I've gathered. Looking for a host I can trust as well -

Hey Dex, got any original material or do you fellas do covers? -

QAZ123
03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
You kinda look like BJ Penn.

JB

Drefish99
03-21-2006, 07:49 PM
You kinda look like BJ Penn.

JB

Holy cow he does.
http://www.bjpenn.com/

Looks good Dex... I can see you playing " Open the eyes of my Heart" :cool:

DexGtr
03-22-2006, 06:17 AM
actually i think that was "Savior". :p

DexGtr
03-22-2006, 06:18 AM
Hey Dex, got any original material or do you fellas do covers? -

haven't got them arranged yet...i got a few lyrics and some riffs...but i want to get a multitrack first so i could record it...or else i'll forgot how it goes LOL. :D

DRAGON
03-22-2006, 06:57 AM
...or else i'll forgot how it goes LOL. :D

Hee hee....need a memory chip installed in your brain then you won't forget it lol - :p

I got this thing in my head. I can hear music on demand. I can mix music in my head as well. Like get a riff in there and imagine beats, other instruments, affects and even background affects. I like putting sounds and noises in my recordings. The BBC has sound effects on CD's that some local libraries have. You can get effects off the net as well. I have dogs barking in one recording called 'City Dog on the Wild', Motorcycles in 'Dark Angel, City background effects in 'Crusin After Midnight', even a small excerpt of a JFK speach in 'Money(aint what you got)'. Some pronounced, some subtle. Haven't done a thing in at least 3 years now. Most were recorded around 5 years ago when I went on a spree -

I've got an 8 track Roland VS-840EX digital recorder and after I started using it realized I really needed a 16 track for most all of the recordings. I had to combine tracks together just to get it all on one recording. Mixing is a real pain to say the least. Prounouncing one thing and supressing another. A mic too close to a cymbal when you finally get get it perfect then realize the cymbal drowned out the other drums lol. Then when you record it all together it doesn't sound right and you have to do parts over or re-record things. If/when you get a recorder, get a digital and if you can afford it, get a 16 track, you'll thank yourself after you start trying to mix everything together -

DexGtr
03-22-2006, 10:25 AM
yeah definitely going digital...i saw one that has good reviews it's the Firepod, but then just that costs $600...plus all the other stuff..so it's going to be awhile.