PDA

View Full Version : Help... New Player..!!

Paintballwake
12-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi everybody.

Im a newbe i like play tactical and speedball grounds, more tactical than the speedball.

I want to buy a marker but I just have 200$US... i was investigating and my conclusion was that a spyder electra 09' is the best option. Cause have sinlge shot to tactical games, and 3 more operation modes. Is a good marker and cheap, also have a long distance shot to tactical games. I read that it work better with N2 (HPA or Compress Air). But ok that is my opinion about all that i read and i saw in videos.
On ebay i saw a offert that a kit of spyder electra 2009 Brand New in 180$

I negative feedback that some people said is that the electrics marker can break easily, and if get wet to...

But i want the opinion of the people that know more than me.

If you have a better options please recomend me the marker that you want

Thanks u all

Talon
12-14-2010, 11:22 AM
You can get a spyder electra 09 cheaper than 180 bucks. It depends on what you want though. Do you want new or do you care if the marker is Refurbished, or used. Any type of speed ball marker can be used for woodsball. You said you like to play tactical more than speed. A woods ball marker really isn't ment for speed ball, but a speed ball marker can be used for both, thats what I do. If you are plan on getting a Hpa tank, I would get that first, then get the marker second. If you plan on getting a electric marker, make sure you get a hopper that can keep up with it too.

TheDarkShadow
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
you can only shoot as fast as your marker can feed so an electronic hopper is a must. as for getting them wet, unless youre in a torential down pour you should be fine. you wouldnt want to play in the rain anyway. once moisture gets in your barrel youre going to start breaking balls in the barrel.

Paintballwake
12-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks you both for you advices... :)

Arias
12-19-2010, 05:14 PM
If you are considering a tactical type marker you should look into the Spyder MR Series. This series is more rugged than the speedball markers so they can take a beating. The Tippman "New A-5" is also within your budget and is an excellent marker, also very durable and customizable. Then there is the BT and US ARMY line of markers which are also very affordable and you can get an electronic one within your budget. These last 2 are manufactured by Tippmann so they are also very reliable markers. Everything else comes down to personal preference and most importantly what your budget permits.

TheDarkShadow
12-20-2010, 05:16 AM
the only thing about guns like tippmans are that theyre nice for woodsball but not very good for speedball. "speedball guns" can easily be used for both

Paintballwake
12-20-2010, 03:41 PM
which mask and hopper do you recomend for me cheap but good like spyder electra 09... i like the Egghoppers and the eagle style mask....

Opinions please and thanks.

Arias
12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
The best cheap mask that I have used and recommend is the V Force Vantage. It uses the same lens as the more expensive Profiler. It has a great low profile fit and a wide range of view. It is also very comfortable.

MYNEWMR2
12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
V Force Grill is a pretty good mask. About 70 bucks new. I got mine for 35 used.

2005modxtra
12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I am a big fan of the v force mask and like Arias said the vantage is every affordable i have the profiler mask and love it. I currently play with a proto pm7 gun more for speedball but play both tactical or speed it works good both ways. Like Dark shadow said the tippmans dont do so hot on the speedball side. From what you have said i would A buy a ninja 48/3000 hpa tank ( there cheaper and you dont sound like you need a 150 tank ). Then buy a hopper see if you cna find a new halo for 50 or less on ebay ( decent deal ). Im not sure about the other guys on here but i had the egg evo2 and broke lots of paint myself. Then third buy your gun unless you find a package with all this. in your price range. Lastly id buy the v force vantage if you can still afford it. If not hey Christmas is saturday good stocking stuffer to ask for! Mask you can usually borrow from a pb place. ( Atleast my local shop loans em out)

MYNEWMR2
12-20-2010, 05:08 PM
My current setup is:
Used MR2- 125
Used V force Grill- 35
Used Empire Reloader B- 23
Currently CO2, getting a Steelie HPA for Christmas.
Pretty cheap, not bad though. Next upgrade will be a used proto or something...

Just some gear suggestions...

Paintballwake
12-21-2010, 05:21 PM
i like the V-Grill one.... but about the hopper i hear about the empire magna and the Invert Reaolader 2 ... there're at the same price..
????

Paintballwake
12-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I am a big fan of the v force mask and like Arias said the vantage is every affordable i have the profiler mask and love it. I currently play with a proto pm7 gun more for speedball but play both tactical or speed it works good both ways. Like Dark shadow said the tippmans dont do so hot on the speedball side. From what you have said i would A buy a ninja 48/3000 hpa tank ( there cheaper and you dont sound like you need a 150 tank ). Then buy a hopper see if you cna find a new halo for 50 or less on ebay ( decent deal ). Im not sure about the other guys on here but i had the egg evo2 and broke lots of paint myself. Then third buy your gun unless you find a package with all this. in your price range. Lastly id buy the v force vantage if you can still afford it. If not hey Christmas is saturday good stocking stuffer to ask for! Mask you can usually borrow from a pb place. ( Atleast my local shop loans em out)

I was reading some posts and it says that the egg hopper are not so good...

TheDarkShadow
12-21-2010, 06:04 PM
reloader 2, invert too, and the magna all work the same (I believe they are force fed soundactivated hoppers)

Arias
12-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I would suggest you check out www.ansgear.com they have good prices. The Empire Magna Drive hopper is on sale for $49.95, there is also a couple Halos' for around the same price. As far as the eggy hopper I personally have never owned one, they look nice but the reviews are average.

MYNEWMR2
12-22-2010, 05:17 AM
reloader 2, invert too, and the magna all work the same (I believe they are force fed soundactivated hoppers)

I can speak for the reloader 2 yes it's a sound activation. I got mine used-- well technically OPEN BOXED but BRAND NEW NEVER USED for $23. Ahhh the power of sniping ebay auctions with 6 seconds left. :D

Arias
12-22-2010, 06:10 AM
Hey www.shop4paintballs.com has Halo B Loaders on sale for $49.95 and you can upgrade to a Rip Drive model for $5.00 more.

TheDarkShadow
12-22-2010, 07:26 AM
if youre going to get a hopper now, get the magna while it's on sale. i bet after christmas it goes back to $80

Paintballwake
12-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Well... Thanks you all... for real... all of your opinions help me to set up my kit.
I reading all of your post I was learning and choosing. Well my conclusion:

Spyder Electra 09'
Empire Magna
V-Force Grill or Profiler (Im not sure yet :) )
68/4500 HPA NINJA or PURE ENERGY

I Had 200 at the beginning but for my BDay this 25th Of This month my dad will give me 200bucks more thumup:but i need 100 more cause I live in Dominican Republic sooo the shipping and the Pounds :( :p But I'll have i loveeeee Paintball :D
:) Thanks you all really.

Arias
12-23-2010, 04:51 PM
If your short on money check those items out on ebay. You might find a sweet deal.

Paintballwake
12-25-2010, 02:15 PM
what HPA tank will fit better on my setup.... i was reading and i saw that:

Ninja Carbon Fiber Air Tank w/ Super Low Pressure Regulator - 68/4500 and
Ninja Black Pearl Carbon Fiber Air Tank w/ Ultralite Regulator - 68/4500

wont work on my setup... what do you think about the:

Ninja Carbon Fiber Air Tank w/ Ultralite Regulator - 90/4500 or Ninja Black Pearl Carbon Fiber Air Tank w/ Adjustable Regulator - 68/4500 or PMI Pure Energy 70/4500 Limited Edition Basic Tank - 5 Year Hydro - High Pressure Output ??????????????????????

which is better or recommend me a good GREAT HPA tank please ??

bigred76
12-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Go with a standard output tank. Low pressures do not work on all markers, and with the Ninjas you can take out/put in shims as desired to raise or lower the output. Keep in mind that the tank needs to be COMPLETELY empty before fiddling with that, though.

Also... I love my Grillz. Better than the Profiles I have tried but that is just me. Try both on if you can, and support your local paintball shop.

Arias
12-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Here's a nice article you should check out. It will aid in deciding what tank to get. It also has a CO2 chart which shows you an approximation of shots with different size CO2 tanks and a formula that gives you an approximation of shots using compressed air. http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Paintball/Air_Systems/whichtank.asp

Paintballwake
01-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Here's a nice article you should check out. It will aid in deciding what tank to get. It also has a CO2 chart which shows you an approximation of shots with different size CO2 tanks and a formula that gives you an approximation of shots using compressed air. http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Paintball/Air_Systems/whichtank.asp

I was reading that interesting article but there's something that i dont got it...

N2 and HPA aint the same?

If not, can i fill a HPA tank wit N2 or backwards ??

Thanks

Arias
01-08-2011, 05:01 AM
I was reading that interesting article but there's something that i dont got it...

N2 and HPA aint the same?

If not, can i fill a HPA tank wit N2 or backwards ??

Thanks

N2 and HPA tanks are the same. HPA stands for High Pressure Air, the air we breath is mostly composed of nitrogen. So to answer your question, yes you could use both.

bigred76
01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
N2 and HPA tanks are the same. HPA stands for High Pressure Air, the air we breath is mostly composed of nitrogen. So to answer your question, yes you could use both.

But... and this is a big but... if they have N2, make sure they are putting it in instead of O2. Some places that carry N2 sometimes carry both. O2 would be bad. Not a big worry, but something to pay attention to.

Jayram
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Hey, I just bot a Spyder Electra w/eye 09 and it works great. I sat down and read the book twice to learn as much as i could before using. I had some trouble at first. For instance, I couldnt get it to fire. It was because the delroy bolt was not in the stricker hole and also not in the cocked position. Other than that it has alot of power along with a rapid response trigger. I'll be purchase an electronic hopper next. I purchase the spyder on Amazon. They offer a complete kit for $209.00. Great buy.