PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

Victa_Balla
11-03-2010, 07:48 AM
First note. No one is going to remember me. (I think) at all. I was a member here a long, long time ago, obviously still a member just inactive. I was considering getting back into paintball now that I'm on the tail end of college and actually have a job. I know this is a good place to go for information, or at least it used to be, I've been gone a while. So give me the readers digest version, what's good and is it worth jumping back in?

TheDarkShadow
11-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Things have been dead around here lately but there are still knowledgable people around here. Smart Parts is out of business but a couple markers of their newer markers are being sold under a different name. I think paintball is always worth getting into if you can afford it. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

DFSniper
11-03-2010, 08:16 AM
ohai victa! long time no see!

umm, the short story: metric tons of new companies, oh and Smart Parts tanked. dont get too excited, they came back under GOG.

everthing is going macro-less (minus Dye and PE). dye makes one of the best hoppers out there...oh and .50 cal has taken over the sport by storm!!

Victa_Balla
11-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Macro, as in you walk into the paintball park and SPSSSSSSSS "oh there goes someones macro line" or do you mean something else? And markers are switching to .50 ammo size?

TheDarkShadow
11-04-2010, 06:14 AM
yep no macro line on quite a few new highend markers. They aren't really "switching" it's more like it's another option to go with. so far there are only a few companies with 50 cals

durrell
11-04-2010, 07:50 AM
I remember you. Long time, no see.

bigred76
11-04-2010, 11:46 AM
.50 is that tried and failed caliber that they're (Smart Parts and Kingman, primarily) trying to bring back around. It's a nifty idea since it makes everything smaller, but is completely impractical for many players.

I remember you, it's been a while.

Team Ramrod
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I remember you too. I havent been keeping up too much either, but there have been some decent new markers out these days with a lot more options. I'll tout Macdev just because i've stayed a little more current on their stuff, but they seem to have some nice new markers out.

vikingshadow
11-06-2010, 09:38 AM
I remember you, too. It has been a long time...

No idea about the new stuff in paintball - I guess I could be considered old school now. Sheesh. Never thought that would happen!