PDA

View Full Version : PM7 problems

2005modxtra
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I just got my new pm7 and ( new to me ) i get a green light but no fire if i pull the trigger it goes to red the orange then flashing orange then green and continues in that sequence? Any help ?

xsvly-fat
10-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Did you try changing the battery? I think battery is blinking red though...

2005modxtra
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
yea came with dead battery brand new one had hopper full on and air hooked up air feed screwed all the way in

TheDarkShadow
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
did you try it with the eyes off?

2005modxtra
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
dye just said im on configuration mode to download pdf manual and go to work lol we will see

2005modxtra
10-18-2010, 02:19 PM
got that thing shootin ropes wow what a nice smooth gun but the frame is bigger than the spyder xtra def gonna have to get ul frame.

2005modxtra
10-19-2010, 07:19 AM
The gun is now breaking alot of balls and its showing eye failure after cleaning them throughly ( removing covers and cleaning holes and eyes and breach new detents ) it still would break one and give me the eye failure flashing green light.
do the virtue eyes work with the stock board? There is also a small spot of hardnend material in the bottom of the breach its ano but kinda sharp should i file this out and make it smooth? ( i dont break paint with gravity feed but with either a the pulse or evo 3 i break paint )

Muddytaco
10-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Sounds like either:
1. detents are worn and paint is getting pushed passed them making it chop
2. LPR pressure is to high
3. board settings are off and it chops at higher rates of fire

Virtue eyes will work with stock board, there the same they just light up.

2005modxtra
10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
well i just put new detents in one was worn and other was pretty good and played with the lpr some. what do you mean with board settings off? eyes are on and board is set 1 up 2 down normal mode

Muddytaco
10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
whats the dwell set at?

And to tune LPR, turn it all the way to zero and then slowly bring it out till the gun starts to shoot. Once the bolt cycles turn it a extra 1/4 turn and see if it works ok at higher rates of fire. If if starts to sound like its not getting enough air give it a extra 1/4 turn.

2005modxtra
10-19-2010, 10:29 AM
just read through the pdf manual i downloaded and the gun was in config mode when i got it maybe i messed it up playing with it when i get home from work im gonna go through it and check all settings i set the lpr by screwing it in all the way then backing it out to 5 turns for 75 psi like the book said

Muddytaco
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Return all the board settings to stock.

Skip the 5 turn LPR thing, do it like i said in previous post. I have had atleast one DM/PM in my bag since 2005, doing it like I said fine tunes the gun. Just going straight to 5 turns out could be overpressuring the bolt which leads to more chops.

2005modxtra
10-20-2010, 05:57 AM
thanks gotta get my new hopper the pulse that the guy sent with it was broke in 3 places sent it back for my 50 bucks back trying to buy a rotor now

2005modxtra
10-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Ok got my hopper and ran 400 rounds of cryptic paint through it trying to tune it like you said taco and didnt break a single ball ran out of air around 400 hundred rnds ( tank only had 1200 psi in it to start ) so it should be set? Seemed like it was shooting soft ( once again could be low air ). So i am thinking about getting a barrel kit to size the paint freak or ifit? Also has anyone tried the virtue rotor for the dye hopper?

Muddytaco
10-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Once you hit about 600 psi with a spool valve the FPS will start to drop but as long as the gun was shooting consistent the LPR should be fine. Now you just need a chrono to set the HPR.

I have both a rotor and prophecy right now. I haven't used the rotor in a game yet so i can't really comment on it to much but I will say I do love my prophecy. It feeds consistent and I have never had a single jam in it.

As for a barrel, freak gets my vote. Been using one in some form for the last 10 years. My favorite combo is the deadlywind barrel with the inserts.

2005modxtra
10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
i just bought another pm7 its a SE edition black and red anno its really sweet looking got it for 140 waiting on it to get to me. What other things beside the barrel are good ideas for the pm7 i cant find a UL frame anywhere under 250 ( not worth that much to me ) Im use to a co2 mechanical gun.

Muddytaco
10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
UL is nice but people over hype it, original dm/pm frame is one of my favorites of all time.

PM really doesn't NEED anything. Maybe a aftermarket board to get into more fine tuning but even that really isn't a must have, well unless you need psp 12.5, idk if thats on stock pm7 board or not. Maybe a new trigger, but really shape is all preference.

A good barrel kit will see the most gain in performance.

2005modxtra
10-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Also looking for some cosmetic custom things i want to replace my asa to reg hose with a blue one what psi and where do i find one? Grips i cant find standard pm7 grips anywhere just ul grips

Muddytaco
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Also looking for some cosmetic custom things i want to replace my asa to reg hose with a blue one what psi and where do i find one? Grips i cant find standard pm7 grips anywhere just ul grips

You can get brand new dye grips for $5 here:
http://www.paintballgateway.com/dyemastlcdgr.html

As for the hose you want macroline:
http://www.macrolineguy.com/products/Blue-Macroline.html

He also has colored fittings for the hose if your interested in that.

2005modxtra
10-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Ordered the airline do you know where to get custom grips the link you sent for grips was standard ones im looking for some kind of custom one to give the gun my own look. Thanks for the links

Muddytaco
10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
http://www.stingerpaintballdesigns.com/SPD_Custom_Paintball_&_Pistol_Gun_Grips.htm

Gots lots of options or they can make anything you want.

They are plexiglass and not a true "grip" material though.

It will be like the ones on my dm10:
http://www.dliveleyphotography.com/photos/1039492732_FDRMU-XL.jpg

2005modxtra
11-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I mentioned in a earlier post with problems that there was a piece off sharp metal in the breach its tearing my front bolt #14 o ring and i keep getting in consistency over a chrono can i just file this smooth? its hard and sharp and black anno like a defect from the factory. Also my new one is a pmr 07 its pretty sweet but there the air line goes into the reg it leaks on the elbow tried taking it off and re taping it with the white tape but still leaks. ???

TheDarkShadow
11-01-2010, 04:40 PM
do the threads look ok on the fitting and the reg?

Muddytaco
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
You can file it down if your careful not to hit anything else.

Its probably leaking b/c of the actual macroline, take it off and just trim the tip off and see if it works.

2005modxtra
11-01-2010, 04:55 PM
yea the threads looked good on both my pm7 has like a glue or something on the fitting and it doesnt leak but my pmr 7 didnt and i just put the white air tape on it. like all my air tools nice and thick but still leaks a little, when i spray soapy water there.

2005modxtra
11-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Also if something is wrong with my pmr reg can i put a hyper 3 on it? instead of the hyper 2. or should i get a better reg?

TheDarkShadow
11-01-2010, 05:25 PM
if you get a hyper 3, make sure it has the bigger end fitting, dye made proprietary regs in 09 (i think) (notice on the DM10) dye regs are usually pretty nice, but CP is never a bad choice. but maybe try a different fitting on it first

2005modxtra
11-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I will def. try different fitting and different sealant first but will small leak gun shoots about 600 balls all at 271 to 278 over chrono per 3000 psi tank fill.

Pm7 on the pm7 note the stuff in the breach look like a filler like the stock body had a groove or something worn into it and they filled it then annoed the body. you can see some small looking groove or so under a magnified glass and it looks like a filler. rips the crap out of my front o ring after about 200 shots. should i contact dye about gun body or do you think its something previous owner did? looks like its annoed over like it was done at the factory.

Muddytaco
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
If its definitely the fitting leaking around the threads use blue locktite, it seals way better then teflon tape. I never use teflon anymore.

Also its 99.9% probably not a reg problem, if anything take it apart, check and lube everything.

Got a picture of the breach?

2005modxtra
11-01-2010, 06:51 PM
reg is fixed used a sealant, no i dont have a pic even if i took one wouldnt know how to load it lol. but i talked to dye they said they couldnt warrenty the gun cause i was not original owner and they didnt know what he might have done.

2005modxtra
11-08-2010, 11:27 AM
OK now that i have both guns set up pretty well, whats the best lubricant im trying to counter the first shot drop off im also shooting some balls straight and some right on the pm7 not sure what thats about

Muddytaco
11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Use higher end paint and get a barrel kit to match bore size to get it to shoot straight . Get a case of all star or evil and you will see a very noticable difference. Its worth the extra cost, you will actually use less paint. Its consistently round and breaks everytime instead of curving and bouncing.

I use dow 33 or slick honey on the bolt. I don't get drop off with either, however slick honey is alittle better and it lets you drop your lpr pressure. Your probably putting to much on the bolt. You want to put on just enough to lube it and thats it, should be able to do the entire bolt kit with about a pea size drop.

2005modxtra
11-08-2010, 04:38 PM
im using marbalizer paint and i have the dye boomstick barrel i know it doesnt size but its a pretty nice barrel and extremely quiet. I was just wondering if maybe i messed something up when i changed the battery on the gun does it revert to a stock setting?