PDA

View Full Version : bolt scratching and barrel trouble

xxtyxx
10-08-2010, 08:49 PM
i have been noticing that the stock bolt has scratches and scuff marks after several uses of my MR1, turns out its scratching the inside of the chamber right above the ball detent. its a new gun, barely 2000 rounds have been through it. strip, cleaned and oiled after every use. just ordered a delrin bolt from alamo city (not the low blow) with 2 O-rings, hoping that will help any further scratching.

Another topic i need to bring up, looking through the front and back of my gun, i notice a slight gap, maybe a milimeter or two, space between the begining of the barrel and chamber. i'm using a 2 piece 14 inch aero twist barrel. doesnt seem to be affecting my accuracy or distance too much but just wondering if thats normal or not. tried 3 different barrels including the 16 inch stock that it came with, space is still there regardless.

fairly new to paintball, any suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

oldironmudder
10-08-2010, 09:45 PM
The scratching is normal. Aluminum rubbing on aluminum will do this. Switching to a delrin bolt is a good idea if you are worried about it.

Did any of those barrels have an oring on them? The oring goes where the gap is & helps seal the breech plus keeps the barrel from unscrewing during use.

xxtyxx
10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
the stock barrel o ring broke, which is a small reason why i switched barrels in the first place. was wondering if there was an o ring pack that fit spider threaded barrels that i could buy?

oldironmudder
10-09-2010, 07:12 AM
-016 orings go on the barrel.

2005modxtra
10-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Also with your stock bolt if you polish it should remove just enough material to keep from scratching and help it slide slightly better. ( you only need to polish the part that is scratching )

xxtyxx
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
polished bolt works great! found some o-rings, thanks for the size. still waiting on the new bolt so the stock bolt will be a great back up. problem now is still that space in between the barrel and the chamber. its as if its not screwed in all the way (which it is). when i look down the barrel it looks like the part that goes in before the threads isnt long enough to sit flush with the part where the chamber ends. its just a small gap, barely noticeable. very weird