PDA

View Full Version : Best Movies of All Time

TheDarkShadow
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I want to make a list of movies to see so I want your opinion on some of the best movies of all time

marvin-martian
10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Alice in wonderland
The Notebook
Saw III
The Ring
Tokyo Drift

you know,only the best

shunut
10-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Ummmm

Matrix
Field of Dreams
Shawshank Redemtion
Silence of the Lambs
The Green Mile
Up

fatkidfrompbaz
10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Lets see...

Cinderella Man
The Departed
Clerks
the Godfather films

xsvly-fat
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Marley and Me
The Bucket List
Surfs Up
Black Hawk Down
Gladiator

Just to name a few.

UKwithPride
10-06-2010, 10:39 PM
I saw Remember Me last night. I actually liked it...

DFSniper
10-07-2010, 08:43 AM
clerks 2
breakfast club
better off dead
boondock saints
dirty harry
hang em high
initial D: third stage
bill & ted's bogus journey
tombstone
blazing saddles

oh, and how can i forget: Star Wars!

marvin-martian
10-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Fiiiine, I'll do it. I am just positive I'm leaving 543535 out. Having a memory blank right now. Also, there will be a few series I am counting as one movie. So shut it.

Toy Story series
Office Space
Aladdin
Bourne series
American History X
Zombieland (favorite zombie movie at least)
Green Mile

TheDarkShadow
10-07-2010, 09:48 AM
best funny movies of all time:
-The Hangover
-Step Brothers
-Pineapple Express
-Superbad
-Anchorman

marvin-martian
10-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Also, that list isn't meant to be a "best of the best", but more of my personal favorites.

bamf-hacker
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Hangover
Starwars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Office Space
Animal House

More to come...

Muddytaco
10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Some of my favs in no order:
-Tombstone
-Dust to Glory
-Step Brothers
-The Shawshank Redemption
-The Dark Knight
-Forrest Gump
-Braveheart
-Gladiator
-Rambo: First Blood Part 2

xsvly-fat
10-07-2010, 02:54 PM
best funny movies of all time:
-The Hangover
-Step Brothers
-Pineapple Express
-Superbad
-Anchorman

:up:

The Hangover is probably the best movie ever.

Muddytaco
10-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I honestly didn't find the hangover that funny, sure there were a few scenes that were good but IMO far from the funniest movie ever.

xsvly-fat
10-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Really? I was laughing so hard I started crying lol.

fatkidfrompbaz
10-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I forgot about Star Wars :darth: :(

durrell
10-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I honestly didn't find the hangover that funny, sure there were a few scenes that were good but IMO far from the funniest movie ever.

You're the first person I've seen say that other than me. I completely agree. It was ok, but still nowhere near as funny as Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc.

DRAGON
10-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Hard to believe no one mentioned liking Kickass. I saw Hangover at the show with the family. Wasn't that impressed either. I have a collection of about 400 movies. It's tough to say which is the best of all time since there are so many good movies available. Not really too many that aren't even the classics -

marvin-martian
10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Haha I loved Kickass. The little girl made that movie.

xsvly-fat
10-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I've heard a few people say they weren't to big on The Hangover. Superbad was pretty funny. I only watched like the first half hour of Kickass, I didn't wanna watch it at first because it was created by the people who made Watchmen and that was a confusing movie lol.

TheDarkShadow
10-07-2010, 08:32 PM
kickass was pretty good but it didnt have that amazing feel that some movies had. if the little girl wasnt in it, it wouldnt be nearly as good

marvin-martian
10-07-2010, 08:37 PM
kickass was pretty good but it didnt have that amazing feel that some movies had.

ya, that was one amazing list...

DRAGON
10-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Hah, if you missed testing the kevlar vest, pwnage in the crackheads apartment or the final fight scene, you missed the best parts of the movie. I'm not sure any of those were in the first 1/2 hour. I agree, the movie likely would have had no significance w/o the acting skills of that Chloe Moretz girl. The way it ended, you know there'll be a sequel -

xsvly-fat
10-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I saw the kevlar vest part lol that was pretty funny. At first I was like omg this is so screwed up but then I started laughing lol. I didn't see the other two parts though.

2005modxtra
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I thought kick ass was ok but laughed pretty hard at the hangover reminded me of my college days. Ive heard alot of people did like it all that well though.
superbad
step brother
hangover
dumb and dumber ( the original )
white chicks

bourne series
new batman series
goodfellas
godfather series
black hawk down
top gun

vikingshadow
10-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Hmmm, not sure of the BEST movies of all time, but I know the ones I like the most and watch every time they come on...

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Highlander (the first one)
Karate Kid (the first)
Back to the Future (all of them - 3 was kind of weak, but it's still decent)
Ghostbusters
The Warriors
Terminator 1 and 2
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek (the new one)
Jurassic Park
Braveheart
Gladiator
Lethal Weapon
The Patriot

um about a bazillion others, I think...might be easier to separate it into genre, then years, then actors/actresses...

dizzy
10-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Hah, if you missed testing the kevlar vest, pwnage in the crackheads apartment or the final fight scene, you missed the best parts of the movie. I'm not sure any of those were in the first 1/2 hour. I agree, the movie likely would have had no significance w/o the acting skills of that Chloe Moretz girl. The way it ended, you know there'll be a sequel -

Chloe Moretz has some incredible talent, for sure. I saw Let Me In last week. Jesus... to be such a mature actress at such a young age is insane. And I heard she was pretty cool at Comic-Con, too :p

My list:
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
Let Me In (The ONLY vampire flick I've ever liked; and I LOVED this movie)
Cars
Saving Private Ryan
Tropic Thunder
Beer Fest
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
Shaun of the Dead
Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom
Super Troopers
Forrest Gump
Shawshank Redempton

DFSniper
10-10-2010, 04:35 AM
I've heard a few people say they weren't to big on The Hangover. Superbad was pretty funny. I only watched like the first half hour of Kickass, I didn't wanna watch it at first because it was created by the people who made Watchmen and that was a confusing movie lol.

Dude, watchmen was amazing. It was written by alan moore, same guy who wrote v for vendetta. If you didn't get it, then you weren't thinking hard enough.

I loved the hangover, kickass not so much. It was way too superficial. I was expecting an action comedy, not a gory, pity the fake superhero movie. Drago, in my opinion the fight scenes were overdone

Also, watch The Runaways. Kristen stewart and dakota fanning make-out scenes, mmmm...

And Fanboys if you're a star wars geek

marvin-martian
10-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Dude, watchmen was amazing. It was written by alan moore, same guy who wrote v for vendetta. If you didn't get it, then you weren't thinking hard enough.
word
I loved the hangover, kickass not so much. It was way too superficial. I was expecting an action comedy, not a gory, pity the fake superhero movie. Drago, in my opinion the fight scenes were overdone
I thought the fight scenes were great. It was meant to be over the top. That's why it was so funny.
Also, watch The Runaways. Kristen stewart and dakota fanning make-out scenes, mmmm...
Aren't they like...not the same age? Also, looking forward to Black Swan. mmmmmmmmmmm

yup

xsvly-fat
10-10-2010, 02:24 PM

And Fanboys if you're a star wars geek

I saw Watchmen at like four am and I was way to tired to be thinking at all lol. I haven't seen V for Vendetta but I heard that was pretty sick.

Never hear of The Runaways.

Fanboys was so funny. I love that movie lol.

2005modxtra
10-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Just get online download DVD fab to your pc if you can burn and then get netflix buy some dual layer dvds and start rippin em. I got prolly 1000 movies and only seen 7 or 800 of them.

InTheShadows
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Favorite comedies as of right now:
Hot Tub Time Machine
Hangover
Miss March
Role Models

Other favorites
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
Labyrinth
Back to the Future series
Matrix series
Shawn of the Dead

The list could go on and on

DFSniper
10-11-2010, 03:07 PM
yup

no. i think dakotas only 16. the other one is like 20+

TheDarkShadow
10-13-2010, 04:55 AM
no. i think dakotas only 16. the other one is like 20+

thats kinda weird then

MYNEWMR2
11-30-2010, 11:48 AM
THANK YOU INTHESHADOWS!!!!!! I was going to have to kill you all if someone didn't say Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

SO here's my list:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 'nuff said.

battlechaser
12-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I just read the entire list, and not one mention of Goodfellas... for shame, SoC.

druid
12-03-2010, 11:37 PM
I just read the entire list, and not one mention of Goodfellas... for shame, SoC.

Even worse, the failure to even HINT about..........

wait for it......

"V" For Vendetta

Now to also include:

Pitch Black
Transformers [especially I but II was alright]
The entire SAW series
The X-Files [Fox Mulder and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Dana Scully]
History of the World Part I

TheDarkShadow
12-04-2010, 05:43 AM
true V for vendetta is a great movie

marvin-martian
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
SAW? Are you srs?

leed
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Reservoir Dogs
Law Abiding Citizen
Inception
La Misma Luna
The Kite Runner
Training Day

marvin-martian
12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Inception was the Matrix for this decade...

DFSniper
12-08-2010, 09:00 AM
has anyone said the princess bride? after all, it is the manliest of the fairy tales!

Zeuceone
12-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Observe and report

druid
12-08-2010, 08:31 PM
SAW? Are you srs?

YEP. The one I liked the least was "I" - with Doctor Gordon having to cut his own foot off. The rest got way better. Can't WAIT to get "VII"

XxMashaxX
12-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Gladiator
Donnie Darko
American History X

PieCars
12-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Funniest in my opinion was hot rod, but best overall movie would be a tie between district 9 and inception, with district 9 being a little better

2005modxtra
12-31-2010, 12:27 PM
the new movie knight and day with tom cruise is pretty good shows he still has some action after mission impossible, also grown ups was pretty funny kinda long.

TheDarkShadow
09-12-2011, 10:14 AM
I just watched pulp fiction... what a weird movie

leed
09-13-2011, 06:14 AM
I just watched pulp fiction... what a weird movie

"DOES HE LOOK LIKE A *****?"

SoldierzHonor
09-22-2011, 05:08 PM
My top 5:

Patton
The Cowboy Way
A Knight's Tale
First Knight
True Grit

=)

durrell
11-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Inception is the only one that REALLY stands out in my memory. Others just don't seem to compare.

VagabondStarJXF
11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Best movies of all time? Here's my shortlist: (in no particular order)

John Woo's The Killer
Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
Alien
Gladiator
Star Wars
John Carpenter's The Thing
The Shawshank Redemption
The Princess Bride
The Searchers
Tombstone
Enter The Dragon
Highlander