PDA

View Full Version : Regulator - bottom threading

SparkyGT
03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
is the threading on the bottom of the stock reg 1/8 npt or is it the metric one like most kingman stuff?

bamf-hacker
03-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Metric threading.

HacKeR

DRAGON
03-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I've been hearing different stories about the threading on Spyder's lately. Just use a little common sense; try a 1/8"NPT threaded elbow or line in it. You should feel if it's meshing or not though an NPT thread is a bit tapered and not a parallel thread. Try it w/o teflon tape first and if it only goes in about 1/4 to 1/2 a turn and feels like it's binding, it's most likely a mismatched thread. Whatever you do, don't force it -

SparkyGT
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM
LOL, yeah im careful, reg on rodeo i just picked up looks like it has a 1/8 90degree macro fitting in it, so am wondering what it is supposed to be, probly metric like most spyders, and the 1/8 thread looks finer than the metric (debating whether to take it out or leave it, goona see if it leaks first)

SparkyGT
03-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Had a few small bubbles when checked with soapy water, removed 1/8 pipe fitting inadvertently put in by previous owner and installed proper metric macro, cleaned up the threads okay, but someday am goona have to get a metric tap, didnt have one in my set :(