PDA

View Full Version : possible E99 upgrades?

MTsmeh
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
what can I do to my spyder to give it more velocity and accuracy. I have a longer barrel, I have a cupped striker, delrin bolt, and some different springs. what else can I do. Yes im a noob at this:) thanks for the help, much appreciated

oldironmudder
09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Never exceed 300fps.

Accuracy depends on the paint itself, bore match between paint & the barrel.

A longer barrel wont really help. If anything it will waste air since it takes more air to reach 300fps. Modifying the stock parts you have is also a good idea.

druid
09-10-2010, 09:58 PM
what can I do to my spyder to give it more velocity and accuracy. I have a longer barrel, I have a cupped striker, delrin bolt, and some different springs. what else can I do. Yes im a noob at this:) thanks for the help, much appreciated

Never exceed 300fps.

Accuracy depends on the paint itself, bore match between paint & the barrel.

A longer barrel wont really help. If anything it will waste air since it takes more air to reach 300fps. Modifying the stock parts you have is also a good idea.

To add to what I bolded of OIMs post, a test/project for my daughter's school project resulted that a longer barrel will actually hinder your velocity due to the added drag of the paintball on the [longer] bore.

Besides...higher velocity means more air to the ball. More air to the ball usually means more breaks in the barrel.