PDA

View Full Version : AKA Tornado valve

THUNDR
08-25-2010, 05:15 AM
I've been having some valve issues and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this valve (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/820/) in an MR2. Just want to make sure I get something compatible with the marker. I do have an adjustable reg so I can lower the input pressure, but is there anything else I'd need to do for it? I've read using a spring kit may help but is it definitely necessary?

Thanks

oldironmudder
08-26-2010, 12:30 PM
With a valve like that, a spring kit is darn near a must. IIRC, the MR series needs full bodied valve springs.

If you ever want to sell it, let me know.

THUNDR
08-27-2010, 04:30 AM
I may try to just resolve the issues I've had, I was just curious because they claim it can produce over 2000 shots on a 20oz CO2 tank, which, if accurate, would be incredibly awesome. I may pick up the valve and spring kit to experiment and see if I can get it to work eventually.

oldironmudder
08-27-2010, 04:59 PM
At one time I was getting ~2500 shots from a full 20oz. Modded stock valve & pin, spring kit from hell, hand polished striker & stock bolt.

SundragonPPS
08-27-2010, 11:10 PM
....I was just curious because they claim it can produce over 2000 shots on a 20oz CO2 tank, which, if accurate, would be incredibly awesome.....

Exactly what they were hoping you'd think when they made that claim. I wouldn't count on it, no pun intended. ;)

I don't understand why you think buying that overpriced valve will cure a problem you're having with the stock valve. There's not really too much that can go wrong with a stock Spyder valve so just fixing it makes much more sense.

THUNDR
08-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Oh no that wasn't my reasoning. I was planning to just clean/fix the stock valve, but seeing that they said you could get that many shots was interesting to me. I'd love to have my MR2 be that efficient

oldironmudder
08-28-2010, 11:46 AM
A good regulator, spring kit & home mods.