PDA

View Full Version : More Q loader issue

Mike "ball dodger"
08-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Ok I have been fighting with this thing the whole summer and it is about to go down the road. That being said it I need some help....

Correct me if I am wrong but how does the air system work?

1st you pull the bolt back compressing the spring and setting the trigger.
2nd you pull the trigger setting off the co2 firing the gun
3rd what makes the bolt return back to the cocked position???

anyway my problem is 2 parts. First I can only get about 125 to 150 fps out of my mr2 with the q loader setup no matter where I adjust the bolt on the back of the marker that changes the velocity. I have 12-16 prewinds on my pods depending on which one I am useing.

2nd It seem like the Q loader puts to much pressure on the bolt slowing it down. about every 3-5 shots I have to re cock the gun to get it to fire.

I play every other weekend and fire about 1000 to 2000 per day. but lately I have used my handgun more than my mr2.

It worked great when I first put it on the marker but it has gotten worse and worse as the summer has gone on. Is there something needs to be replaced that is worn out? the spring on the bolt maybe something else. everything is stock on the gun except the q loader. springs trigger bolt nothing upgraded....
I bought the marker slightly used from another person locally but he said he had hardly used it.

Please help me!!!

THUNDR
08-23-2010, 02:42 AM
I would check your ball detent because if its firing more than one at a time it could affect your velocity, but other than that the QLoader has nothing to do with how your gun is firing. Try chronoing by just putting one ball in the chamber at a time without the QPod attached and see if the velocity is still messed up.

slim and shady
08-23-2010, 10:16 PM
get a new main spring. for your MR2

Mike "ball dodger"
08-24-2010, 06:43 AM
I thought it might be the main spring as well. I think I will try that. What color spring to you use with your mr2 shady? You have a q loader set up don't you?

slim and shady
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I have 2 q-loaders. I currently use the blue spring.

Mike "ball dodger"
08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
what spring kit is that 32 degrees? The spring is what actually propels that paintball forward correct? the co2 just compresses the spring back and cocks the trigger?

slim and shady
08-24-2010, 09:44 PM
It is from the 32 degrees kit, however you will have to try different springs while cronographing. your marker may be different then mine. The spring pushes the striker into the valve pin determining the air flow to the ball as well as the speed of the bolt and striker.

Mike "ball dodger"
08-25-2010, 08:03 AM
slim do you have a digital fish scale that can measure the pounds of put needed to cock the gun? Just curious as to how strong of spring you have.

slim and shady
08-25-2010, 05:28 PM
no sorry I do not, just put one in and shoot it over a chrono until you sit around 280FPS. try different springs if need be to get it there.

Mike "ball dodger"
08-26-2010, 06:36 AM
thanks for the help i will let you know how it works

slim and shady
08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
sounds good.

Mike "ball dodger"
09-01-2010, 11:22 AM
The new main spring seems to have fixed it thanks for the help slim

slim and shady
09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
anytime