PDA

View Full Version : MR4 using and MR2 or 3 E trigger?

Benner
08-18-2010, 06:58 PM
anyone think its possible to match an mr4's trigger frame with one of the older models E trigger frame.

And if so how hard would it be to install eyes into the gun, would it be something you recommend for a beginner to try??
:D
i would really like to mod this gun and make it my own but need the help of you guys i know you know a great deal on the subject of guns because ive followed the forums for a few days now.

thanks in advance, mike

FlipMz3drvr
08-19-2010, 03:29 PM
there was a guy on youtube that talked about putting the EMR1 grips on it and he said it worked... unfortunately I don't recall his user name.

Benner
08-19-2010, 11:19 PM
well if the trigger frame matches up it shouldnt be a huge problem for me,

what about the eyes do you think it would be worth it to try to put eyes in the gun i know that they help to keep your gun from chopping, and the virtue bored isnt all that expensive.

and if it wouldnt be all that hard to place them id have to put holes just in front of the detent right?

TheDarkShadow
08-20-2010, 06:04 AM
do you have an MR4? if you got a picture of the frame and detents it would help

FlipMz3drvr
08-28-2010, 01:05 AM
as I looked in the instruction manual... I could only find a "ball stopper" but not a ball detent.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/baamin/DSCN0998.jpg
where I have the tip of the pen is where the "ball stopper" is

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/baamin/DSCN0999.jpg
opposite of where the ball stopper is the feedneck...

FlipMz3drvr
08-28-2010, 01:07 AM
so... I'm gonna say no the gun has no ball detents. So I dunno where you could put the eyes or in this case... eye.

sneekypete
08-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure that every marker has a ball detent. They just called it a ball stopper for the MR-4. As for drilling eyes I would ask Shady as he did it for his MR-2. I just picked up an MR-4 for my wife and I have an old spyder e-triger and it seems to fit. She said that she does not want to use it so I don't think that I will keep it on but I will see how it works and let you all know. It won't be for a bit as I am don't seem to have alot of time these days. :(

FlipMz3drvr
08-28-2010, 11:15 PM
yeah... I figured as much... thing tho... I wondered if I could possibly use a ball detent that I have for my VS3 instead of the ball stopper only because the yellow ball stopper you see in my pic is more of a cone shaped tip sticking inside the gun.

sneekypete
08-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry I don't know the answer to that. I would think that if it is similar to the MR-4 one then you can try it

slim and shady
08-29-2010, 08:17 AM
no two different style detents

FlipMz3drvr
08-30-2010, 04:07 AM
slim... to finally get an answer for Benner's original questions, would we be able to use the E trigger on the MR4? and also about drilling for eyes?

wiz555
08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
anyone think its possible to match an mr4's trigger frame with one of the older models E trigger frame.

And if so how hard would it be to install eyes into the gun, would it be something you recommend for a beginner to try??
:D
i would really like to mod this gun and make it my own but need the help of you guys i know you know a great deal on the subject of guns because ive followed the forums for a few days now.

thanks in advance, mike

It depends on how old the trigger frame your talking about is, i currently got a new e-trigger added onto my mr4, and i have also noticed that it has the same screw layout as my imagine. so i tested the mech trigger i took off my mr4 on my imagaine. It fit perfectly, i only need a new asa that match's the mr series asa's. But it will not fit on an mr2-3 those two have a different style trigger then the others in the mr series.

As for eyes, i've seen people add eyes to almost any marker, you just have to have the propper e-board and the eyes to match. look over your gun and if you need help go to your local paintbalfield/proshop for advice on it. The people at proshops/fields generally will be able to help ya in some way or form.