PDA

View Full Version : sear isnt tripping

TheDarkShadow
07-14-2010, 03:23 PM
ok i have a spyder sonix with a camd electro frame and i havent used it in a while but i got it out the other day and charged it up cock it back and attempt to dry fire it but i get nothing but click click click. if i hold the bolt back put it in full auto then let the bolt go it will dry fire. anybody have any ideas?

druid
07-15-2010, 02:37 AM
how long did you charge it up for? Needs about 12 hours...

OR

the capacitor is bad. Take the board to radio shack and have them get you a new capacitor but have them mark the polarity for you [on the new one AND the old one] so you can desolder the old and resolder the new one in properly.

TheDarkShadow
07-15-2010, 06:56 AM
i charged it for about 8 hours i might charge it a bit longer and see if that fixes it

TheDarkShadow
07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
it's not the battery. i dont paintball enough to go get it fixed and i dont know much about soldering. it looks like the good ole mech frame is going back on :/ i'm going to miss the speed though when i do play :(

EDIT: ok so i'm playing around with it and i cocked the bolt back with the spring out of it just kind of walking it and i notice that it's firing like normal but if i take the bolt/striker out it quits firing like normal and goes back to lthe "half clicking" where it clicks put the sear doesnt trip and if i put pressure on the bolt it goes back to the half clicking

YouTube- sear isnt trpping
you cant really see a difference but you can kind of hear it

druid
07-16-2010, 05:13 PM
youtube no worky for me...

however, your description mirrors what I said before...either the battery is bad [replace it with a new one...a NiMh or lithium ion 9.6V 180 to 300 mAh] battery, charge it for up to 16 hours] or the capacitor is bad.

To see if the capacitor is bad, it will not be cylindrical...it will bulge at some point [not to be confused with the leads under the encasement] and/or leaking creosote [dark kind of puss].

Change the battery to something like this: http://www.megabatteries.com/item_details2.asp?id=15489

TheDarkShadow
09-28-2010, 08:18 AM
i just shimmed it with a penny and dime and it works now. It was just the right amount shimming, a nickel wasnt enough and 2 pennies were too much